You're quick, I know, and have now guessed that May 11th is 100 days down the road. Just watch me, I'm gonna be there a thinner, fitter person than I am now! I'm liking this book. Each day, or chapter is just two pages long--a bit of thoughtful discussion of a motivating technique and a very short assignment. For today, Day 1, the author encourages you to face your inner fears about past failures at losing weight. She encourages you to adopt a new mantra--"I used to be that way, but now . . . ." My assignment for today:
**Make a list of any fears or negative behaviors that have hurt my weight-loss success in the past. Read each one out loud, and then say, "I used to be that way, but now I'm different."
**Then write new endings for them by completing this sentence: I used to _____(fill in your old behavior), but now I _______(write in your new ending).
**Read these new outcomes often, and then live in a way that makes them true.
1. Lose some weight by proper diet and exercise then gradually give up the exercise.
2. Give in to food temptations (like grocery aisle candy bars, or Costco "free" samples) because they didn't always show up immediately on the scale.
3. Start avoiding the scale (at home and at my WW weigh in) when I think I might have gained.
I could make a very long list, but I think I'll start with these three fears that I'm going to transform into new outcomes.
May 11th, here I come!!!! Want to join me??


No comments:
Post a Comment