Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'd forgotten how quiet it is around here on the weekend.  Good for me, though, to have a little more chance to play catch up with you guys.  :-)

A pretty lazy day today.  We went to church in the morning and I spent an hour or so outside trimming bushes.I got them just in time, most of the roses, azaleas, and many other spring bloomers are already producing buds.   Our daphne has blooms.  If you don't know daphne, it has the loveliest fragrance.  I go outside just to breathe in the smell a few time a day.  I'll pick a bloom and bring it inside tonight.
Daphne
DH tried to talk me into biking over to our son's house to take care of their pets while they're away.  It's only a few miles away but there are some Major hills so I declined.  We did go do our weekend routine at the gym, so I wasn't a total laggard today.  

Tomorrow I have the day "off" (the grandkids are visiting their other grandparents in sunny FL).  It's supposed to be in the high 60s, but rainy.  I plan to run with my C25K and knock out week two.  I also have the painter coming in the morning and plans to cull out lots of "stuff" (books, clothing, clutter) to add to my giveaway bag for a pickup on Tuesday morning.  I've gotten rid of over 500 books in the past few weeks.  This frees up two full size bookcases!  I think I'll transfer them out to the garage to try to make some order out there.  Later.  The house comes first.  I also had my first sale on Craig's List.  I sold a piano.  It took only a week and I got my asking price.  Not bad.  I'm on an anti-clutter campaign.  

See you later.
Tish

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I am glad to you are well. I moved my website to typepad. I am looinforward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be on a non-stop anti-clutter campaign if I could get my family on board. Hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to BlogLand! Some new people around that I think you will enjoy!

    We've been talking about some anti-cluttering around here. After FIL died, MIL went on a tear cleaning out her house and it seemed cathartic to her to pass it along to us. Most of it, we don't want, but were waiting an "acceptable" amount of time to take to Goodwill! I think that time has come!! It's driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back Tish! you have been missed!
    I "de-cluttered" my kids play room yesterday - so much fun, so many tears ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I de-cluttered a LOT in the 2 days I was off last week and it felt soooo good! I hope to have more time to do that in the near future.
    And I am so glad you have made it back to bloggy land! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on the de-cluttering romps. I have been doing it myself. So freeing to get rid of all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so happy to see your name on my reader! :) Welcome back! This weekend I cleaned out my dressing closet and the clothes in my utility room. Feels good to get more organized! Can't wait to get caught back up with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH how I would like to be in the background, enjoying your photo up there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the de-cluttering! I just looked at my bookcases a few minutes ago and thought, I have to go through them and get rid of something. I refuse to buy more bookcases. Just have to keep getting rid of the ones I don't use any more.

    ReplyDelete