Here are some pix from my latest walk along the parkway. I really love spring and spring is happening here. Finally.
The great blue heron was nice enough to hold still for a mini-photo-shoot just yards away from me. Isn't he handsome!
I'm sentimental about violets, too. They were one of my grandmother's favorite flowers and make me think of her.
More May apples. These are a bit further along. I have a tiny colony in our yard, which has grown to about 14 umbrellas.
Last night we had the grandkids for the very first time overnight. Ella is rather camera shy, but was okay with me taking a picture of her crown. Have you ever played the hide-your-body-behind someone or something game when the camera is pointing at you? I have.
The only shot I was allowed of her making a pasta necklace. Rigatoni (whole wheat, of course) on shiny red ribbon.
Glad to report that we had a fun evening. Stories, laughter, dinner, games, and bedtime. They fell right asleep at the appointed time and slept later than we'd been led to believe (until just about 7 am). I'd forgotten the fun times of blanket pajama clad kids, short order breakfasts, and hurrying to get dressed before church.
I'm still fairly sluggish after my surgery, but I am determined to get in my daily walk and at least 2 other worthy tasks each day. Guess what? I found that my discharge instructions say "no housework." No can do, but I'm taking the restriction on lifting more than 5 lbs fairly seriously and that cuts things down to a pretty reasonable level.
Do you hide behind things when the camera's pointing at you?




No, I don't hide behind things anymore although I certainly did for many years. Right now, I'd choose to avoid Mr. B's infamous "butt" shots when hiking, but I can see that's not going to happen! LOL! Best strategy for that is to get the "butt" back to where it should be, so I don't mind them!
ReplyDeleteLove the May Apple pics. I'm watching several large patches in the Smokies. We'll have to compare pics and see how much earlier mine bloom than yours. Also thought of you on my latest wildflower ramble when I stumbled upon a patch of Virginia Bluebells I didn't know existed. You'll see pics in upcoming posts. I love those kinds of surprises!!
No housework! Good for you. I took it seriously after my surgery that I could not do heavy lifting and bending. Goodbye laundry:)
ReplyDeleteI couldn't do "no housework" either, with Husband and 4 pets to clean up after. You're doing great with your walking, Tish. It is such a nice time of year to be outside and paying attention to nature.
ReplyDeleteI don't hide, but my husband usually does.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having a very good and steady recovery! Your grandkids are adorable - I'm ready for some of my own.
ReplyDeleteNo hiding here, but I certainly used to. Makes it rather difficult to provide me-only shots for PR people. :)
ReplyDeleteYaaay to no housework! Perhaps I'll stop doing mine in solidarity. :)
Love the springtime pics. I too am enjoying the transformations around me, although not so much on the weeds that are begging for my attention. Cute pics and I'm so impressed with the way you've breezed through your surgery. Kudos to you! You're awesome.
ReplyDeleteTish, glad you are enjoying walks on the parkway and are taking time, not to smell the roses (since there aren't any), but to "snap" the May apples.
ReplyDeleteKnow you and John had fun with Ella and Jack spending the night. xxm
Those May apples are so very cool!
ReplyDeleteI don't hide any more ... in fact it's nice to see pictures of myself now.
ReplyDeleteI'm just catching up on your blog. Glad to hear your surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery. Hugs. :)
Getting the miles after surgery, excellent! Keep on recovering as well as you are and bring us the good news. I'm sure the grandkids will keep you on the mend.
ReplyDeleteNo housework, put that on the frig in big print!
ReplyDeleteGlad to know you are doing so well. Love the photos of your walk, isn't nature lovely?
The little princess is a beauty.
For years I hid behind my kids in photos or I was the one behind the camera. Not so much anymore.