Thursday, March 31, 2011

She LIKES me!!

YAY!  My little Nike+ girl isn't diss-ing me any more.  I guess going 2 miles must be her criteria of a "real" session--no matter what the pace.  I must admit that I pushed myself to go two miles to see if I could get her back to cheering me on.  It worked.  I felt better walking today, and am glad of the workout.  I also forgot all about taking pain meds after the early morning dose.  The walking warms my muscles a bit and I don't feel sore.  (My incision doesn't hurt at all, just the muscles on my back near my neck--which is where my surgeon said I'd probably feel them).  I'm only taking tylenol and think I'll take a dose before bed time so I can get comfortable and fall asleep.

Last night, after my afternoon nap, I didn't get to sleep until 3 am.  I got up and came downstairs and realized I felt fine.  No soreness, no lack of energy, just fine.  So I made a batch of brownies.  Wait!  Let me explain--my Dad died in December but will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery at the end of April (there is always a delay at Arlington and we've appreciated the extra time to get things together).  I'm the only of his four children to live in the area so I'm hosting a dinner for the out of town guests and friends the evening of the funeral.  I figure the only way to get this done (especially in my necessarily slowed down recovery mode) is to do it bit by bit and freeze ahead.  So last night I made the first of several batches of the brownies which my Dad so loved to make for people.  Really the best in the world--IMHO.  They went from the cooling rack to freezer zip lock baggies and into the freezer to await their brethren in the coming weeks.  It feels good to have started.

I think I've tracked down the final numbers I need to give to the H&R Block lady who's doing our taxes (ours, my Dad's and Jays).  She's wonderful and said that she'll fit me in whenever I feel like coming in.  Maybe tomorrow so I can check that big one off my "to do" list.

We had a fun time at our outing last night.  I forgot to take my camera but am hoping a friend sends me her picture so I can share.  Maybe tomorrow.

Have you finished your taxes yet or are you a Procrastinator (like me!)?

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how those little avatars can make or break your day? Now if she could do your taxes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't there some way you could superimpose you picture on her? You are so much prettier!

    I did our taxes while Mr. B was in France! Actually that was a bit of procrastination - I usually do them earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby does our taxes, our boys, and his mom's. He is a huge procrastinator. It is always horribly stressful here in the coming weeks. In the past we would figure out which post office was open late that day and often be in line to drop off our returns. Sigh. Glad you are feeling so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things are headed back in the right direction for you!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete