We had a new fence put up last week. We'd had a chain link fence that was here when we moved in, but I wanted a wooden fence for a few reasons. I like the look of them, for one thing, and we're hoping they will inhibit the deer who have been feasting on our liles and hosta and many other beautiful, and apparently delicious, plants in our garden. I chose to have the solid part only four feet high because we like our neighbors and want to be able to chat face to face through the "topper." i also thought the fence would make a nice backdrop for our garden. I think the three workers were trying hard to be careful, but there were several plant casualties in the garden beds near the fence. :-( I'm hoping that most will come back next year. The workers worked through two of our hottest days. Rose and I kept them supplied with a cooler of ice water.
I lost 1.4 pounds at my WI last week. We're going to a family reunion, beach vacation on Vancouver Island in five and a half weeks. I'd love to lose 7.5 more pounds by the time we leave. The last time we were with this crowd (DH's sibs' families) I was feeling quite trim at 6 pounds above my current weight. :-)
One new recipe in the RECIPE page this week. Debby asked for the recipe for my brownies. It's there and you'll love them, but caveat emptor! They're wonderful and made from old-fashioned, read NOT health or diet-concious, ingredients!
We're aiming to take an after-dinner bike ride tonight. Rose is opting out, but can stay alone for a bit with Jay. We'll shoot for an hour long ride. I've missed riding.
If one picture is worth 1000 words, I wonder how many these two pictures are worth?
| It was this picture from last Dec, posted on FB by a friend, that brought me to my senses and back to being serious about getting myself in shape. |
| Tonight, -30 pounds later, feeling good about myself. |



Tish you look amazing! What a transformation you have made. I love seeing the before and after photos, they really tell the story.
ReplyDeleteYour fence is beautiful, love the open part at the top.
Keep up the good work and you shall be down in time for your get together! Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
What a difference!
ReplyDeleteIf I looked as good as you do, I'd be feeling pretty positive too!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your fence design! It provides privacy but not seclusion and adds architectural interest to the garden. (Can you tell I've been watching too much HGTV?)
Tish,
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing difference. You look fabulous. Great job on the early morning runs. I'm planning to do early workouts (probably walks) as soon as I'm out of the daily grind of the workforce.
Lori
I love the fence too, but remind me where it is. Along the side where we parked our bikes or in back where you can see it from the kitchen window?
ReplyDeleteYou look GREAT, but then I already knew that!!! We gotta get started on a bike/hike plan for fall. Yes??
The fence encloses our back yard, including the bike shed. And yes, it's visible from the kitchen window. I hope they're coming today to put on the finishing touches.
ReplyDeleteExcellent before and after picture sharing here; congrats on such amazing progress! Those pictures have to have your motivation running on high right now.
ReplyDelete-Patrick
http://responsibility199.wordpress.com/
THAT is an impressive 30 pounds!!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for the brownie recipe. I used to be queen of all brownies, and that recipe looks suspiciously like one I had labeled 'World's Best Brownies,' except mine had walnuts, and I think it was a darker chocolate type of brownie. I actually haven't made brownies in over five years! But the day might come...
Wow! What a transformation between the two pictures! Good for you shedding thirty pounds!! Love your road bike, too, BTW!
ReplyDelete