The kids are here today. Jack, who has given up morning naps at his house, willingly went down for a nap about an hour ago. Yay! Ella and I have read stories and now she is making me a picture (computer paper, washable bright markers, and a book full of stickers). I'm not to look until she's finished. :-)
It's so great to be able to bike again. For now I'm sticking to my old (hybrid) bike as it gives me a more cushioned ride (nice to my still-knitting backbone), but my new road-bike "Pearlie" is going to get a turn when I get the okay from my surgeon. I haven't had any of the balance problems that my doctor warned me about and am hoping to get back into tip top biking shape soon. The hills are still a bit challenging after my long winter hiatus, but I'm going to conquer them.
DH and I are planning a holiday getaway bike trip next weekend. Maybe just exploring a new bike trail and a fancy (on plan) lunch break or maybe an overnight at a B&B with the bikes exploring nearby. I'll let you know.
For your viewing pleasure:
![]() |
| Elation at having climbed up the tree All By Herself! |
| Our beautiful old fashioned rose--it's a great bloomer. |
![]() |
| Pretty clematis |
![]() |
| He's all about the ball--loves 'em. |






Congrats on getting yourself back in the game!
ReplyDeleteLove that photo of your granddaughter. I think that's how I must look when I do something mechanical, like replace a fan motor all by myself. :)
I'm glad you're doing so well.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are great!
Lori
I love your bike getaway idea, Tish! Hmm, I think I may have to do something similar for Memorial Day... :)
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with the old hybrid, Tish. That's what my wife and I are still cranking. I hope your "rebuilding" for bike reading goes well. I need to get right on that as soon as our 7 day a week Little League season eases up.
ReplyDeleteTish I love how happy you sound lately to be back in the grove. Your pics are so cute and I am so jealous of your bike getaway. Can't wait to hear all about it. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear that you are getting back on your bike. I just bought a me road bike. Don't have it yet, but I have named her, too.
ReplyDeleteLove the new photo:) I have a post drafted about naming my bike but not sure when it will be published. I like to have a few in reserve.
ReplyDeleteLucky you getting our on your bike, for me at the moment it has been too wet to get out very much.
ReplyDeleteYour grandkids are so cute. Love that look of delight on the little girl! And amazing how well you are doing with exercise after that surgery!
ReplyDeleteI love the new photo Tish! How nice to read that you are doing so well and healing enough to be back on your bike!
ReplyDeleteI am hosting a Small Change Challenge. Check it out and see if it's something you feel up to joining! It's going to be a nice way to kick off a great summer on plan!
http://nutmegnotebook.com/2011/05/small-change-challenge/