[apologies in advance for typos, lack of links, and other format oddities]
Good News, at least on the fitness and diet front. I'm a bit late checcking in this week, but my report on my exercise and eating is glowing! I finally remembered how much I enjoyed my long runs on my favorite running path and racked up 4 three plus mile outings. I even ran a bit on a couple of them. My pedometer is happy to report 19 miles worth of steps for last week. Too cold for biking miles, so my yearly total as of last Sunday is 106.
I missed my WW meeting last week and today, but am doing very well and expect a very happy loss next week. After reading about Sharon's (Gains and Losses) and Tami's (Nutmeg Notebook) experiences with The 17 Day Diet, I decided to look into it. I think it tracks along very well with the WW Simply Filling plan (formerly called CORE and my plan of choice). I decided to follow it to see if I could jump start my weightloss efforts. What appealed most to me was the idea that a fairly short term of omitting all sugar and grains would erase a craving for those foods. I'm just finishing day 5 and can report that so far, it's been remarkably easy. Amazing. I totted up the points plus for one day and am just about exactly at my WW target. I'm getting fruits, veggies, lean meats, healthy oils, and dairy every day.
My reason for not posting earlier, for trying to create a post on my iPad, and for missing my WI today? That's the bad news. Our son Jay is in the hospital ICU with pneumonia, and maybe influenza. He may be 30 (!!), but he's my youngest and he wants me here, with him. This will be my second night sleeping in a chair near his bed. After a rough night last night, he's perked up a lot today. Here's a picture of him in his Darth Vader mask, waving to you with his bionic finger. We're in the brand new, state of the art military hospital near our home. He has a private suite and more high tech gadgets than you could imagine. He enjoyed a Percussive Vibration treatment this evening. The nurse pushed a button and his bed vibrated percussively(?) to break up some of the congestion in his lungs. It brought to mind the coin operated massage available in cheesy motels of the 60s and 70s. One of the best parts of the day, besides Jay starting to feel better, is when my BFF, Marilyn came to visit. She not only brought a mylar balloon for Jay, but she brought food--the kind I can have. Yogurt, oranges and hard boiled eggs. A veritable feast! Friends are a true blessing. We're hoping that he might be out on Friday. Well phooey! Can't add the photo either. Sorry. At least I can stay up late reading books on the Kindle App . . . .
Please keep Jay in your prayers. Back to our regularly scheduled program next week.
Tish
UPDATE: Jay's numbers look very good this morning and he may be graduating to the regular ward today! 😃
New – Oil Free Salad Dressings eBook
3 weeks ago


Tish, sending best wishes to Jay all the way from "down under".
ReplyDeleteThanks, Andrew. So glad you can post comments again.
DeleteI love the fact that I've met both you and Jay and can just picture him laying in a hospital bed. Bet you'll be in big trouble when he REALLY starts feeling better. Hope home really is in the plan for Friday. Remembering all of you frequently. (Also remember you showing me the hospital which as I recall, was not quite completed when I was there - impressive to say the least!)
ReplyDeleteYep, that's the hospital. Jay is awaiting his move back to the ward (and lunch which will involve a burger and fries)
DeleteTish,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that Jay is sick. I will keep both of you in my prayers.
Congratulations on getting the miles in!
Lori
Thanks, Lori. It,s great to be doing it together.
DeleteChest PT is great! And helps alot....
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself while all this is going on!
:)
Thinking of you and your family...
Thank you, Anne. I think people in your profession are the best. It seems like Jay has so many people taking care of him and every single one has been so nice to him. Bless you!
DeleteI hope Jay recovers fast:) I've been intending to get to the bookstore and read about that plan in detail thanks to Sharon's and Tami's success.
ReplyDeleteI can't waitto get home and get a real am weight--one week tomorrow.
DeleteGlad Jay is doing better! I need to check out that book, too. I keep reading about it.
ReplyDeleteThanks! We just got home. There's no place like home. Really. This plan is working for me to get things moving.
DeleteHope Jay gets to feeling better soon!!! I will pray!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go on your steps - you are definitely on the move!! Keep it up and stay focused!!!
Prayer works. He's home and we're very happy about that. I did manage to get some reasonable steps on the per by circling the ward several times when Jay was napping. One lap=1/32 mile LOL
DeleteOh that is good to hear Jay is improving! And good to hear you are doing really well with your exercise and your food choices! Did you buy the book or just use the lists online?
ReplyDeleteI got the book on Kindle ($11.99). I think the book helped give a little more perspective on the theory behind it than just reading the lists--helped motivate me a bit more. Stay tuned for week one (actually 8 days) results tomorrow. I'm thinking this is more than I've lost in a week in 40 years!
DeleteGlad to hear his numbers are better. Hope you are both home soon! Take care!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We're home and happy to be here. Early to bed, late to rise is the plan. Can't wait to lie down in my own bed!
ReplyDelete