On the weight loss front, I've kept up my streak! I've lost at my last eight weigh-ins and, with the help of the 17DD, I've lost 13.6 pounds from my 2012 high. What's working for me now is to stick with the basic Cycle I from Saturday to Tuesday and then to relax to WW Core (Simply Filling) with some of the extra weekly points thrown in from Wednesday through Friday. Strangely enough, I find it easier to stick to the more restricted diet on the weekend. This is probably because DH is very supportive and trying to whittle off a few pounds to get back to his WW lifetime goal (he's lost about 10 and is just a couple of pounds away). I'm gradually learning how to enjoy the "extras" without going overboard. It helps me when I know that I can enjoy popcorn or a dessert or brown rice once in a while. Or cookies. I made my sister's killer Oatmeal Cookie recipe yesterday, but changed it just a bit to make it a little more figure-friendly. I took a big plate of them to our Bible Study (they usually get grapes or pineapple from me, and it was fun to bake for a change). Those were all eaten and when we got home, I noticed that Jay had put all the rest into a tin box. I sent those with him to work today. Of the whole batch I just had 3--not bad.
| Sweet and Sour Stuffed Cabbage Rolls |
The penny finally dropped (love that expression!) and I now know that I can use my trusty little ipod nano 6th gen to record my runs on nike+ without messing with the nike+ kit. You might notice that my little nike+ avatar in the sidebar is running again. Yay! I'm mostly walking so far, but the distances are getting better and the running bits are getting longer.
| Virginia Bluebells |
Oh and we had our first after-supper bike ride of the season last weekend. I love this.
Mileage report: with the increased running and a few bike rides I'm adding 46 miles for the past two weeks. YTD 222 miles.
I am washing my hands about 60 times a day and doing lots of hot water loads in the washing machine in an effort to avoid the nasty little virus that is plaguing my little grandchildren. Jack and Ella and their parents have been trading it back and forth for the past couple of weeks. Hm, I think I'll go wash my hands again. . . .
Have you come out of the box??




Good for you - on all fronts.
ReplyDeleteLori
Thanks, Lori!
DeleteI am almost totally out of the box and loving it. Kinda wish I could come out of the bag too, then there wouldn't be so much stuff to recycle! But even that will improve once the farmer's markets open. Soon, very soon.............
ReplyDeleteYes! I've been eyeing the place where our Farmer's Market is idly wondering if the advanced spring weather might mean that the FM will open before May. Of course they're predicting FROST for tonight . . .
DeleteMost of my daily foods are outside the box (not counting dairy which is inside the box, because I'm NOT milking a cow), but I do buy a few things for convenience. Much better than when I did my grocery shopping at Walgreens. :)
ReplyDeletehave a happy weekend, Tish!
Ah, grocery shopping at Walgreens. DH does go there when we need an emergency run for milk, but I've never found the produce dep't there. LOL
DeleteI am pretty much out of the box, too. I do eat a prepared frozen lunch once in a while, but most of the time veggies and fruits and whole grain goodness. Nice work on scale victories!
ReplyDeleteIt's harder when you're working outside the home. The lure of "convenience" is very strong when you're rushing out the door. And they do make some tastey healthy frozen meals.
DeleteI think my head might just be sticking out the top of the box.
ReplyDeleteI do that too, check out other supermarket trolleys!
What is hamburger helper?
Hamburger Helper has been around for decades. My mom never used it, but it's supposed to be a family friendly "convenience food."
Delete"Hamburger Helper dinner mixes help bring busy families together for a hearty, wholesome meal. With Hamburger Helper, it's simple to create a home-cooked skillet meal--just add ground beef to the specially selected pasta, rice, potatoes, or stuffing and seasoned sauce mixes to create a wide variety of flavorful dinners. Bring a naturally flavored homestyle favorite to your table with the enriched pasta and sauce of Hamburger Helper Beef Pasta. Each package makes five one-cup servings. Hamburger Helper can add a host of flavors to your mealtime solutions: homestyle favorites include Stroganoff, Salisbury, and Beef Pasta. After all, who couldn't use a little help in the kitchen?"
And check out the ingredients!
Ingredients
Enriched Pasta (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Corn Starch, Salt, Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Hydrolyzed Soy and Corn Protein, Onion (Dried), Dextrose, Natural Flavor (Contains Soy Sauce [Wheat, Soybeans, Salt] and Yeast), Garlic (Dried), Monosodium Glutamate, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Yellows 5&6 and Other Color Added, Spices, Mono and Diglycerides, Beef Extract, Nonfat Milk, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Sugar, Beef Fat, Citric Acid, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, Egg.
Oh yeah, I'm out of the box! Love eating this way--so much tastier.
ReplyDeleteI love your bluebells. And love the new header with you and Jay.
I love the bluebells, too. I'm afraid for them. After the 80s last week, we're looking at a possible FROST tonight.
DeleteSounds like things are going well:)
ReplyDeleteYes! Color me happy.
DeleteIt's so good to hear that things are going so well for you! Yes, I have come out of the box! I do buy some things that come in a package like coconut flower, nut butters, dairy, flax and so on but nothing compared to the old days.
ReplyDeleteBike riding after dinner again, how fun!
I bought almond flour in a box the other day (maybe for a recipe of yours?). It was in a box. But my recycle bin has mostly glass and milk containers these days, plus junk mail that I haven't been able to stop.
DeleteI get pretty proud of myself too when I look at my grocery cart.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture of you and Jay.
I love that picture, too. We're heading back to that beach (NC) in June.
DeleteHi Tish,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment about biking on my blog. I am happy to send you the training guide that I am using to prepare for my longer ride in June. I have other links that I am happy to share, too. My email is mkoomen@gac.edu. Shoot me an email and I send you some info! Michele
Thanks, Michele! Check your in-box.
DeleteI love your new picture and how happy you sound in your post. I love cabbage rolls. My husband won't touch them, but maybe I'll make them for me? You're inspiring me to get back on track.
ReplyDeleteBack atcha, Ann. We inspire and need inspiration by turns. You certainly do your share.
DeleteI love your new header!! Wonderful. I wish I liked stuffed cabbage rolls - those looks so good!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
And I don't buy much in a box either - its so much cheaper to make it yourself. :D
That is great about your cart at the grocery store - definitely the way to go! My grocery has a big produce section, so I always try to stock up there on as much as possible before getting 'boxed' items to finish up my recipes.
ReplyDelete