As others have noted, our spring, too seems to be coming about three weeks earlier. I've taken some pictures over the past ten days that I thought I'd share with you as I let you know about my incremental improvements.
Aren't the red tulips pretty? I like the basic red and basic yellow tulips. These are quite large and look almost like poppies when they're fully open. I'm falling behind in keeping up with my garden tasks.
I've been ratcheting up my exercise. I've done six 5+ mile "rawks" (run/walks) over the past couple of weeks. I listen to a book on tape and have my iPod tick off the 5 minute intervals during a 90 minute period. I run for an increasingly long distance at each interval. It's fun to see my total distance for 90 minutes increasing and my pace per mile decreasing. Still very slow, but getting better. I love being out and seeing things. This big tree is just coming into leaf. That's the new Woodrow Wilson bridge over the Potomac River in the background. A different section of the same path (the Mount Vernon bike path, along the George Washington Parkway) has a long wooden boardwalk over an inlet. It's one of my favorite sections. One time I saw a beaver swimming from that exact spot. He swam toward me and then under the bridge. I'm also on the lookout for the prothonatory warblers that live in the wooded section you see to the left across the bridge.
The yellow tulips wanted equal time. Such a lush display. My enemy the squirrels (or maybe a deer) ate off about a third of the blooms last night, but there are still a lot left to brighten that corner of the garden.
These little babies are Individual Chocolate Souffles. The recipe was featured in the WW weekly handout a few weeks ago. I made them for dessert a couple of days ago. OMG (that's Oh My Gosh)! They are wonderful. I'll put the recipe on the recipe page in the right side bar. Only 3 WW points plus, and very tastey.
My last two WIs have been good! My losing streak is intact; I've lost at every WI since Dec 8th (there were a few weeks that I missed weighing in December and January). I'm continuing my regimen of doing WW simply filling with flex points from W thru F and then doing 4 days of 17DD Cycle I. That's working for me. I stick pretty much to what is laid out in Cycle I, but occasionally have one fruit in the late afternoon (either my allowed 2nd fruit or a "bonus" fruit). I am getting better about keeping the three "splurge" days from getting out of hand. The chocolate souffles were dessert one night. Another night I made a Cooking Light recipe for Double Plum Baked Chicken--yum! I keep my breakfasts and lunches fairly simple and plan and splurge for family meals. We took a lovely sunlit bike ride today. My odometer (on my road bike) read 17.6, but DH's read 14. Sadly, I think mine is not calibrated correctly! In any case, with my increased runs and a couple of long bike rides, I am adding 86 miles for the past two weeks for a grand total of 308 miles.
I'll leave you with a picture of my iris. I almost pulled these out because they didn't bloom for several years in a row. Look at them, now!
Have a great week! One of my goals for April is to blog every week, rather than every other week. We'll see.




My favorite tulips are yellow and red also. Our tulips are not flowering yet, but they are definitely emerging with foliage. Beautiful pictures, Tish. Good for you on another loss, too! You had a great with with exercise. Hope to see you on your bike sometime soon (!). Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteAfter yesterday's 14 mile bike ride, I took a day off and ran/walked today, but I have my bike staged and ready to get a nice ride tomorrow morning before I babysit.
DeleteSounds like you found a plan that really works for you:) I love how you customized things.
ReplyDeleteReally, that's the only way, I think, to customize or tweak something that works fairly well to something that really works.
DeleteGreat job on the mileage.
ReplyDeleteI love all the spring flowers. This is my favorite time of year to be sure. Winter is over!!
Lori
Same to you on your mileage. I'm thinking it'll be easier to rack up the miles as the weather gets better.
DeleteOh my, those souffle things look delicious. Thought of you when taking the pics of the Virginia Bluebells. Good job on the consistent weight loss.
ReplyDeleteFun that we both featured tulips today! I'm so glad that you started the ball rolling with the 17DD. It's really helping me and, somehow, it's fairly easy for me to stick with it in the pattern I've figured out.
DeleteOh the flowers are beautiful, yada yada--but those souffles! I drooled a little on my keyboard :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you've found a 'best of both worlds' approach to your nutrition!
Yes, they were awesome. Quite elegant looking (I'm thinking Tami-level elegant) and delicious. I was very tempted to make them again the next day.
DeleteLOL at Cammy's comment. She expressed my thoughts better than I could. I looked at that recipe. What a funny thing to call for in a recipe--chocolate milk. Do Weight Watcher's really keep chocolate milk in their refrigerator? I think a little extra cocoa would do the trick, don't you? Because those look delicious, and I want to try them.
ReplyDeleteI take the grandkids by McDonalds occasionally, so last time I got them chocolate milk (nonfat) for their beverage with their happy meals. I told them that they would get to share one. Turns out they'd never had chocolate milk before and both thought it was "yucky!" They're sticking with regular nonfat milk. Anyway, the small container was perfect for my needs.
DeleteLOL. Now if only I had some grandkids...
DeletePlus, wow. They don't like chocolate milk? That's one of the reasons I don't want to buy it for myself. I wouldn't be able to leave it alone!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE irises. I was just telling my kids I needed to plant some next year. they remind me of my grandmother as she always had them in her garden. You're making great progress. How awesome you're adding all that mileage!
ReplyDeleteMy mom planted those iris, so beside their beauty and the lovely scent, they have sentimental value. Do your winters get cold enough to grow bulbs? Hope so!
DeleteI hope you had a wonderful Easter! Congrats on being a loser so many weeks in a row!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could grow things, but plants come to my house to die. :(
Hugs!
Thanks! You and a few others here are responsible for inspiring me with your successes as well as some super recipes.
DeleteCongrats to you on all of your success! Your meals and recipes all sounds wonderful. I have a Cooking Light recipe for little souffles that I love!
ReplyDeleteThe flowers are lovely, enjoy your Spring!