Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reporting for Duty

Well, here we are. It's early January. We've just returned from a long, leisurely Christmas vacation. I'm back in my routine. It's time, beyond time, to get down to business on the healthy living front.

I got a new pedometer for Christmas. I was doing pretty well at accumulating steps, but a 1500 mile car trip over two days isn't conducive to making the numbers add up. My daily goal is 10,000 steps. My sister and my daughter wear 'peds' every day. I'm joing the team.

DH wants to shed about 10 pounds, too, so we'll be paying better attention to eating good, healthy food. We'll do WW, following the old CORE (simply filling) plan. I've got to get Ella off to preschool in a few minutes, but plan to stop at Whole Foods on the way back and get a few days worth of good, fresh veggies. Oh, when we were in Austin, I went to the WF flagship store a few times. LOVED IT!

Gotta go.

Are you filled with resolve this New Year?

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Tish! My brother lives in Austin, and after putting my stuff down at his house I was like "can we go to Whole Foods?!"

    While vacation is nice, it is good to get back into a routine. :D Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen that little cartoon character on your blog - is that new? Very cute.
    Welcome to 2012...hope the vacation was grand and here's to an awesome weight losing year!!

    MO-tivated

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to join us in the 1000 mile challenge? Some of us are going to walk/run/bike/jog 1000 miles in 2012. It would be great if you joined in the fun.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Yes, filled with resolve and targets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be easier with both of you doing it! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty bike!

    I love homemade applesauce. I haven't made it for a while, might have to do that again. I love it mixed with cottage cheese and walnuts.

    ReplyDelete