What a funny word that is. Curtailed. A short note to let you know that my time in front of the computer is being curtailed. I have been having painful indications that my carpal tunnel (in both wrists) is not liking my spending so much time at the computer. I will still make time and come here and read and, sometimes, post, but I need to really curtail (that word again) my time spent in front of the computer.
This is probably a good thing as I spend way too much time on FB, playing games, and "surfing." I need to spend more time at worthwhile non-computer activities. I'm still working at getting my house de-cluttered and I must tell you, it feels great.
I'm also trying hard to get the scale back on a sold downward trend. This week I'm emphasizing water. I've let my 8+ glass habit slide over the winter, but it's coming back and a good lynchpin for staying on track.
See you later.
Tish
Creamy Cauliflower Carrot Soup
3 weeks ago


Oh no!!!! After my broken bone last year I could hardly type and it was killing me! I still managed, slowly, by putting the keyboard on my lap. I wonder what modifications you could do. Wear a wrist brace? Use a roller-ball mouse? (I love mine. I also switched mouse hands ages ago to help soreness in my back.) Wrist rests?
ReplyDeleteI have the carpal tunnel problem too, Tish. Some days are better than others. And some days it hardly bothers me. But when it does, no computer for me.
ReplyDeleteTish, I fully understand what you are saying here! My hands feel like they have arthritis in them by the evening hours.. I do spend a fairly good amount of time on my computer too, with reading my emails, blogs, facebook, and especially now that I'm not working I have more free time to do so.. I've found that I've been doing more and more thinking here lately these days about what all I did before the computer came into my home, and find that just maybe I ought to spend less time on the computer and more time doing some things inside my home, that I love and maybe not so much love to do.. Seems like 2-3 or even more hours pass by so darn fast when I'm on the computer, and then I find myself wishing that I had got this done or that done by the end of the day.. I really do love having my computer, but it sure can be so addicting.. I'm going to have to just set myelf a time limit to be on it, and then go on with other things on my agenda after the computer time limit is up.. Disciplining myself.. sometimes a hard thing for me to do in more aspects than one in my life.. Wish me luck Tish!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
~Lynn
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure that's not fun! In college I worked for a professor, and typed a lot of documents for her, and as a result, got a mild case of carpal tunnel from typing so much. So I can't imagine having it any worse! Hope it get's better.
ReplyDeleteI don;t have carpal, but am getting arthritis in my left hand, so I know what you are talking about. Congrats on getting more de-cluttered. Yes, that feels great!
ReplyDelete