Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday, Monday

I think that cutting back on my computer time is helping.  My wrists and arms are still acting up a bit, but things are better and I was able to sleep last night.  It also frees up time that I spent on some of my "ought to" list.  Today I read lots of stories to my grand babies, wrote a thank-you note, did some laundry and got all caught up with my Bible study lessons.  All this while watching the kids.  What I didn't do is play a dozen or so games of "scramble" on FB (a minor addiction which I'm trying to nip in the bud) and spend a couple hours reading things online (blogs, articles I subscribe to, and new, mostly).  Baby J (20 months) loved Eric Carle's 10 Little Rubber Ducks and was able to operate the little "quack" button at the back of the book as soon as he saw it.  I heard that duckie quack about 37 million times.  Maybe time for a quack-ectomy . . . .  I do love sharing some of my favorite books for little people with my very own little people.  Three yr old E, on the other hand, on hearing the giant's Fee Fi Fo Fum threat to grind Jack's bones to make his bread, commented that the giant should take the beanstalk instead and make bean soup.  Pretty smart, that girl! I like Paul Galdone's version of just about any folk tale you can name.  His art is simple and the words are just right.

For dinner tonight, I made an old standby.  WW Baked Rigatoni.  Very tasty.  (1 c shredded mozzerella, mixed with 1 lb browned ground beef (93%), 4 cups cooked whole wheat rigatoni,  and 1 jar of Classico mushroom  & ripe olive pasta sauce--bake at 350 for 20 minutes).  That and a green salad plus a WW strawberry smoothie bar for dessert.  It was a good day.  Right now my shoulders are achey and I think I need to step away from the computer.

I'm hoping to feel good enough to go out for a run tomorrow--week 3 of C25K.  The weather's gotten rather chilly, but I know how to bundle up and that's what I'm aiming for.

My deciduous magnolia is just about to offer it's first bloom of the spring.  It's usually one at the very top of the tree (25 feet up there) where it gets the most sun.  Just  where I can see it from our sitting room window.  Here's what it looks like:


See you later.
Tish

6 comments:

  1. I am smiling imagining you sitting with the kids and reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend - love reading your posts again. I've never been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel (thank heavens!), but I do know that when I experience an RA flare, it first shows up in the hands and wrists and the first thing that has to be tempered is biking. Don't know if you'd thought of that, but if you and Pearlie are spending a lot of time together, that might be aggravating your wrists. Just a thought! And believe me, I know how much we both love our biking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I know you had carpal tunnel? Have you ever considered surgery? Just curious. I have it and usually keep it under control by limiting certain activities. I don't want to have surgery, but once in a while I wonder if I will be forced to eventually.

    I type with my keyboard in my lap and it is very comfortable. Never thought of it in regards to C.T. Wonder if it would help you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing about your grandkids. :) Sounds like you're on your way back to good habits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those trees! i really want to get one. So pretty. It's amazing how many great kids books there are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading books to my kids. Even when they got older they still enjoyed reading out loud with me! We would take turns reading the books out loud even when they got into High School!

    Glad to hear your pain is getting better. I miss you in the blog sphere but I am so happy to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete