Here's what happened. I'm trying to nurse my Achilles tendon along, so decided it would be a cardio-at-the-gym day instead of a running or biking day. Went to the gym, but couldn't get settled into the eliptical. I abandoned it after about 5 minutes. Then I spied the rows of cycle machines. I chose one at the back and situated myself behind and to the right of a woman who looked pretty fit and waay younger than I am and who had started about 8 minutes before I did. I decided that we would race. I didn't tell her we were racing, of course! I just settled down and spun pretty hard with settings raised to eat the miles and calories and watched my numbers creep closer and closer to hers. I was afraid she might quit before I caught up, but at my 28 minutes, I overtook her and went on to sprint across the finish line (my 30 minutes)!!! Yay me!!!
Gotta get a life here, ya think??!!
(recycled post from my other blog)


No comments:
Post a Comment