Thursday, July 1, 2010

Will Return

The last load of laundry is in the washer and my dining room table is covered with piles of folded laundry.  My suitcase is almost packed, DH & Jay's are still empty.  I'll pack Jay's; DH is on his own.  I would be in very good shape but for the fact that one of the responsible adults in the family decided that it would be a good idea to have people over for dinner tonight.   I love him dearly, but, ^%$&^%$, I'd planned on a fairly relaxed evening getting organized and packed.  My sister is visiting.  I have the two babies napping, but they'll be up soon.  No time to blog now and I'll be busy until we leave at O-dark-thirty tomorrow morning.   We'll be at dear-daughter's (DD's) in Seattle by noon and will have a day filled with fun and laughter and grandkids (6,8,10).  Maybe I'll get to run on the trail near Lake Washington with the kids riding their bikes along with me.

I've committed to exercising every day.  I'm pushing our dinner guests (DS and his family--beloved, enjoyed and welcome, but they've got to leave by 7:30) out the door so I can get to the gym tonight.

So, no more bloggy land for me today.   Take care, I'll get to catch up on blog reading and commenting later this week.   Wish me luck with the s'more challenge.   This vacation with these people always means lots of s'more opportunities (lots of big group campfires with singing, story telling, and laughter).   Hard to resist.  Maybe I'll just have one on my birthday next week.  We'll see.

My scale was very friendly this morning, trying to make up for my stay-the-same WI yesterday.  It was touch and go for a bit, but I was able to talk myself out of a consolation stop at the Krispy Kreme donut place.  I had one of my nice strawberry WW bars, instead.

Any advice on the S'more situation??

7 comments:

  1. If you stay active - have a smore! I do believe in having something that you love on occasion so you don't feel deprived! Enjoy the time with your family - you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to be very honest about "the smore situation." Last weekend at the lake, our first night, I decided I would be social and cook/eat just one after a very good on-plan day. It was tasty, maybe the best one I ever had, but eaten in minutes and the taste was gone. I did not feel much guilt, just a little. That is exactly what we should be able to do - eat well and then have a small, occasional treat. BUT (and maybe you could tell this was coming), the next day I cracked mid-afternoon and started eating stuff like crazy. Stuff I have not eaten in months. Out of control. Kind of that "I ate a smore so I might as well eat everything else until I get home" attitude. It was horrible. I FELT horrible. I cannot say the smore did me in. But in hindsight I would not have eaten it. Just sharing my own recent experience.

    Now I head back to the lake and more smores around me too and reading my response here makes me realize I sooo cannot eat a smore this weekend.

    Have a great trip, smore or no smore:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are going to be that active, a s'more isn't going to hurt. The trick is limiting them - something I am sometimes not successful at!

    Have a great vacation, no matter what you decide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krispy Kreme ... back in the day, I would buy a dozen or more Krispy Kreme donuts to take home to share with my (now-deceased) wife, and most of them would be gone by the time I got home. It was a mystery how they always disappeared "right under my nose." :)

    Fortunately, there are no donut shops anywhere near where I live now.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your trip!

    What if you allow yourself a smore the last day if you've done your workouts? That would give you incentive and also limit the risk of going off-plan for several days in a row

    ReplyDelete
  6. My problem is the same as Karen's. It's not that I can't handle eating just one s'more,it's that that one s'more can lead to my deciding I can eat all sorts of crap (particularly if I don't gain weight IMMEDIATELY from eating the s'more.) I'm dealing with this now and have reached the same conclusion as Karen that I'm better off not eating it to start with.

    ReplyDelete