1. Splenda Campaign. This is going really well. I proudly report that yesterday I had only one of my two alloted splenda packets. I'm learning to enjoy my cereal sweetened only with chunks of luscious peach, so yesterday, when I ordered iced tea with my lunch, I had a panic moment when I thought but I need at least 4 packets of Splenda with a glass this big. Not so. With a generous, restaurant sized serving of iced tea, I used . . . only ONE packet of splenda, and I liked it. I feel like my little E when she learned that she was grown enough to use the booster seat instead of the high chair.
2. Bachelorette Days. DH is flying back to Seattle with B, so I'll be a bachelorette here for four or five days. I'm looking forward to it (yes, honey, I'll miss you, too, if you're reading this!). I look forward to reading late in bed (I just received the newest book by one of my favorite authors); I want to spend a long afternoon at the Smithsonian in DC, I'll play my favorite kind of music at a volume level that might surprise you, and I'll get my exercise in without regard to family meal times. That said, the one thing I have to watch out for is overcoming a past tendency to eat too much of the wrong kinds of things when I'm alone. C'mon, I can do this, surely. Food is just food, right?? Pray for me.
3. Blessed quietude. Actually the other thing I'm looking forward to is quiet time. I noticed that someone I follow has a new post up about extrovert/introvert. I haven't opened it yet, but I can sure tell you that I'm an introvert in the sense that I need time alone, completely to myself, to recharge my batteries. I loves me my babies and kids and hubby, but my batteries are pretty darn low right now.
I hear J has awakened and he's calling my name . . . . !
Do you need time alone to recharge, or do you get your recharge from being with friends and family?


I need naptime as much as my children do to recharge my battery, not to sleep, just to be.
ReplyDeleteI guess that means I'm an introvert too.
Mary @ Simple Twist of Faith
You get days of freedom just as I get set for 2 1/2 weeks of 24/7 with Mr. B. He's out of school until August 18. LOL!
ReplyDeleteYou asked what our choir sang for my friend, Jack's, Celebration of Life service last night. We sang "Sanctus" by Norden and an anthem by Pepper Choplin called, "This Is My Word." If you don't know this, try to find a good recording and listen. It is an amazing song. Other things were sung, all classics. Jack and Ruth are all about music, so the service really revolved around music. Thanks for asking. As hard as it was, it was a special evening.
Enjoy your quiet! I think you'll do just fine with the food part!
Kudos on the Splenda success! I've actually enjoyed several glasses of unsweetened iced tea this summer. Who'd have thunk it?
ReplyDeleteI'm going to be in the Washington area in October and an afternoon at the Smithsonian is on my agenda. It IS my agenda, along with visiting some friends and family. :)
Enjoy your bachelorette weekend!
I have to have time alone to recharge. It may be just a couple of hours, or a couple of days. And I'm so much better afterward!
ReplyDeleteI need me some alone time to recharge my battery! Like you as much as I love my family and enjoy taking care of them I need some "me" time to breathe, relax and get centered.
ReplyDeleteGood job on cutting back on the Splenda! I was so happy when I gave it up.
Enjoy your time alone!
Oh enjoy! What a treat to be alone! I'm never alone, not much anyway. I've been weaning off the splenda also. I bought the kind with fiber in it the last time and it's pretty good. Tried it? I only drink it in my coffee. Used to be 4-5 packs, now I'm down to 2.
ReplyDeleteI love having some alone time:)
ReplyDeleteEven though I live alone, I need plenty of time alone to recharge. Sounds like you are going to have a grand time. Plan for some special treats that are within your plan, then maybe you won't be as likely to go 'off plan.'
ReplyDeleteMyself, I too tend to eat too much of the wrong kinds of things when I'm alone. Nobody around to keep you honest, it is a challenge. It is also a test, one you have to take. The old mewas Ok with failing it. The new me, I like A's on my report card. So alone time has not been as difficult as of late. Enjoy your alone time and hope you get an A :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the Splenda success!
ReplyDeleteI need down time from family periodically. I do like my alone time :D