Just about one month ago, I committed to exercise every day. I had planned to get in a run yesterday afternoon, but DD had plans to go to her Zumba class and I decided to tag along. I'd heard lots of positives about Zumba classes, but it was even better than I'd imagined. Sixty minutes of really good exercise with fun music. I was very tired, but in an exhilarated kind of way at the end. I'll have to see if our gym has Zumba.
This morning I got up and out the door to finish a 5+ mile run by about 9. The weather here is delightful. Maybe high 50s with a sprinkle of rain here and there. I want to get in some more runs in this great running weather.

We went sight seeing in downtown Seattle. The Seattle Center, the fish-throwing fish mongers at the Pike Street Market, and Ivar's. Ivar's Acres of Clams is one of the places I remember from when we used to live here 30 years ago, but neither their signature clam chowder nor their fish and chips fit my menu requirements. It turns out that they also had a shrimp cocktail (served in a plastic cup with cocktail sauce and chopped celery). Probably too much cocktail sauce, but definitely a more diet-friendly choice than fish & chips. DD is aware of my diet druthers and is serving great meals that fit my plan. She even stocked up on my favorite WW latte bars!
In case you're wondering, I did bring my scale along this trip. It helps keep me honest about sticking to my plans. Even though I stayed the same at my WI last week, my recorded weights for this week are all less than my weights for the previous week. I can see progress. I hope to find a local WW meeting for my WI on Tuesday morning. We'll be heading up to Canada early Wednesday.
Thank you all for your advice on the s'mores. I still haven't quite decided on the final verdict. For now, I'm planning to not have any until our last night there (Friday, my birthday). I may decide to have one that last night (hoping that any sugar rush cravings will be quelled by the fact that we'll be in the car all the next day) or I might just decide to give myself the birthday present of not having one. It will help me get through all the preceding s'more opportunities to think that I can have one on the last night.
Hope you all have a delightful 4th!



Sleepless in Seattle was on last night on Encore. :D I thought of you. Zumba, gosh you are brave. I am the most uncordinated girl in whole world. I can not do any class. lol Enjoy your family and vacation. Have a dumb smores if you really want one. You could pick a much worse dessert. Personally I would be just happy with a few roasted marshmallows. Although I remember in girl scout camp we made banana boats. Cut a channel in the banana, peel back, scoop out some banana. Replace with a few mini marshmallows, few choclate chips and a few graham cracker pieces (small). Place peel back, wrap in foil and put on fire til chips melt. Yum and a bit more healthy with the banana.
ReplyDeleteI have heard lots of good things about zumba - glad you got a chance to try it out. It's always fun to do something new. Enjoy the rest of your visit!
ReplyDeleteYour birthday!? I am eager to hear what you decide and hope that whatever you choose to do, you are happy with yourself and the decision. IMO that is the key.
ReplyDelete