Today was a good day. We took my 93 year old dad to church--the first time he'd been since mid-summer. My visit with him on Friday was great. He was in good spirits and his memory was more focussed than it's been in months. He asked when he was going to church, so darling DH picked him up this morning and gave him door-to-door service. Here's a picture a friend snapped on our way in. Our church is the chapel at Fort Belvoir (an Army post nearby) and we were celebrating Veteran's Day with great patriotic music and special recognition of our soldiers, past and present. Dad enjoyed it. He was done when it was over, though and we nixed our plan to take him out to lunch afterward. DH stopped by McDonald's on his way back and I'm sure Dad enjoyed his Big Mac--I'm sure the assisted living facility where he lives doesn't "do" Big Macs. DH and I had a lovely bike ride this afternoon. It was his "trial run," the first time he's been biking since he broke his wrist a few weeks ago. He's now in a half-cast (his new cast stops below the elbow) and did quite well. We biked for about 50 minutes. It was 52 degrees when we started and got down to 48 by the time we finished. Rather chilly. The weather underground forecast for our time in Wilmington this week shows highs in the 70s. I've scoped out a nice 28 mile ride along the river which is supposed to be flat, low traffic, and quite scenic. It sounds great.
The time change has gotten me today. It was getting dark when we got back from our ride, so I just naturally started dinner. We're finished now--dinner was ready at about 5:30! I'll have to pay more attention to the clock and less to the degree of light outside.
Have a great day!



Oh wow, I absolutely love this picture of you and your dad. Made even better by the fact that I've spent some time with him. A precious man indeed! So glad he was able to go to church.
ReplyDeleteMr. B loves your new haircut!!
I am a fair weather rider. It has been nice here but I like to wait now until afternoon when it is warmer. My husband would go all year... or so he tells me. But not me. I think 50 is probably my cut-off temp. We'll see.
ReplyDeleteYour Dad is so cute. What a great Sunday. That Assisted Living better NOT do big macs. Ha ha. Glad to hear your husband is back on the bike! Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteOoh! I love your hair!!! Too cute! I would love to cut mine short, but I am too scared :) Glad you had a nice weekend with your dad.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great photo! (And I'm still loving your new do!)
ReplyDeleteYou know, I never really thought about it, but I wonder if the local nursing homes ever do a "fast food" night for their residents and whether or not the residents would think it was fun. Or would they know or care? :) I should check that out. We have a few facilities near my neighborhood and that might make for a fun and affordable neighborhood project.
Love the pic of you and your dad. He looks like a nice man. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteGreat picture with your dad! Good for you for being there for him. Glad to hear you have a good weather ride coming up. I rode Sunday because it got UP to 51 degrees, mostly sunny.
ReplyDeleteI love your new hair cut! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet photo of you and your dad.
I am having a difficult time adjusting to the new time, well let's just say I am not adjusting!