What a great day! I slept so well last night; I didn't wake up even once between when I went to bed and about 7:30 in the morning when the sun woke me up (believe me that's very rare!). We slept with the bedroom door open and enjoyed the sounds of the ocean all through the night. Oatmeal this morning and then I went out for a run on the beach. It felt great (especially the homeward leg when the wind was at my back). Here's a picture I took on my way out.
 |
| Oh, this is not me. This is the cute little guy who was my running partner this morning. |
 |
| A nice lady took my picture. |
 |
| DH snapped this good one of Jay and me when we all went out for a long walk after I got back from my run. |
So I ran a little over 3 miles. It's different running on the beach, I tried to stay on the "hard" sand near the water, but it's not the same as running on my normal trail. I plan to run every morning that we're here--watch my little Nike+ girl icon and just see if I don't!
When we got back, DH went and picked up his father. They took his bike to the shop to get a new tube and then got back here. I fixed a nice bean soup, popcorn, and orange wedges for lunch and then we went on a bike ride. The gimp (DH, with his half-arm cast), the octogenarian (my 88 yr old FIL) and me! Here are some pix from that ride.
 |
| FIL & DH |
 |
| DH & me |
 |
| FIL, looking pretty good, no? (he refused to wear a helmet) |
 |
Self portrait, while riding (nice quiet street).
|
We had roasted rosemary pork tenderloin, baked acorn squash & broccoli for dinner tonight and DH bought some WW latte bars for our dessert.
Tomorrow we'll do our long ride (28 miles) in the afternoon. I want to run again in the morning. This week will NOT be a "phone it in" exercise week!
Be good!
Good move sticking to the hard sand, soft sand running is hard going. Don't even think of barefoot running in the sand, last time I did that it nearly killed me, sore calves for days afterwards!
ReplyDeleteI am so envious - that should be ME in those bike pictures. Just kidding (really I am)! This looks so great and what a fun time with the family. Can't wait to hear about the longer ride today. Tell DH and Jay hi for me! BTW, your hair looks amazing! Be careful - some hot young thing on the beach may try to pick you up!
ReplyDeleteLooks and sounds wonderful! I have always heard that running on the beach is much harder because of the unevenness of the surface. That your legs and feet work harder to stabilize. Hope the rest of your vacation is equally wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome trip ... it looks like so much fun. I love reading about your dinners too ... I need lots of ideas.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures make me realize I'm in serious need of beach time. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteGreat pics - and good job on the stepping! And biking!
ReplyDelete