Saturday, November 6, 2010

Super Saturday!

This is more like it.  A beautiful fall day--crisp out, but sunny.  I went for a 4+ mile run and loved it.  My little toes are behaving themselves and feeling good--yay!  I made pumpkin spice oatmeal for breakfast.  It is sooo good.  I've made a convert of DH, too.  I'd better stock up on cans of Libby's pumpkin.  A egg-beaters omelette for lunch, and lots of cups of my current favorite tea--Plantation Mint.  My morning scale reading is moving back down toward "Green-land" (the green=good in my caloriecount chart) and that makes me feel good.

I haven't decided what to make for dinner yet, but I'm thinking of seared scallops, whole wheat roasted vegetable ravioli, fresh spinach, and baked delicata squash--that sounds colorful and nutritious, no?

A view from my favorite running/bike path.
Our upcoming bike holiday that I hinted about yesterday is actually a quick visit later this week down to Wilmington NC to visit my FIL.  He has connections that will have us in a lovely condo on the beach there and we're taking our bikes along and hoping for good weather.  FIL (88) likes to ride his bike too, so we may make quite an interesting sight, DH (now sports a half-arm cast), and my 88 yr old FIL, and me!  If you see us, toot your horn!

Hope your day is good, too!

7 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just found your blog and wanted to stop in and say hello! That is a beautiful picture!!! :) Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIL rocks! I hope we are still riding at that age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meals always sound delicious. I am a big fan of delicata squash. Especially that you don't have to peel it, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that FIL is still biking at that age. We all need to take a leaf out of his book. Feel free to use the bike signature, I stole it off the net somewhere anyway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pic of you smiling - beaming, rather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picture too. You look so happy. Yesterday was beautiful here too! Have fun on your trip!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll need pictures of the crew biking!

    ReplyDelete