Here's our tree. Note my camera tripod which served nicely as a frame. Fortunately, I was able to use the tripod to photograph the lunar eclipse before the tree took shape! I figured out a techie way to get it from my camera to my blog without a cable. :-)
We have had a good Christmas. The most important things took precedence. Time to reflect about God's gift of His son. Time to spend with family, to support my sister while she's working to regain her health and energy and to remember our Dad. Time to relax and have fun (pool, ping pong, foos ball, and jigsaw puzzles). Good food (too much and too many sweets.) Exercise (too little--I'm not sure pool is exactly aerobic!).
Here's another picture of the gang at the lake house. (you can see the lake outside the window in the Xmas tree picture).
We'll be home day after tomorrow and I'm happy to say that I'm really looking forward to getting back to my routines. I can't wait to get back on my running trail. I notice my little Nike+ icon on the sidebar is dissing me. I have a couple new cookbooks that are calling to me. I also want to get back to learning the new Weight Watcher's program and LOSING weight. I know I've added a few unwanted pounds. I'm not waiting for the new year. Just get me home and let me at it. I've had my fling and I'm ready to embrace my real life.
See you in a couple days.
Tish
Creamy Cauliflower Carrot Soup
3 weeks ago



Merry Christmas! I love your little tree....it is so cute (and clever). I also put on a few unwanted lbs over this week. I expected the gain and I am ready to face the music today too.
ReplyDeleteI love the tree!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a lovely day!
It's a beautiful tree! Beautiful family, too!
ReplyDeleteSending you safe travel wishes....
I'm glad you were able to make the most out of a difficult Christmas, and you didn't rely on food!
ReplyDeleteLori
Tell me who the people are that I don't know. Who is on DH's left and who is standing beside you?? I am so thankful we had the discussion about vacations rentals - sounds like it was a perfect solution for you guys?
ReplyDeleteSafe travels home. Love your Christmas tree - much more creative than our Dollar Tree coffee table one!
Merry Christmas, Tish! Looks like a grand time for all!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThe new WW program went by the wayside for me also, but I'm anxious to start again with it and exercise.
What a beautiful family you have. Love your creativity with the make shift "Christmas Tree."
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Tish!
Love the tree Tish. At first glance, before reading your post, I just saw a tree. I had to look a second time to notice the tripod. Ingenious! Best of luck in 2011!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could come up with a new idea of aerobic pool, run around the table ten times before each shot or something?
ReplyDelete