I decided to check a bag on my flight down. I usually travel with a 26 inch suitcase, but, because I was bringing the computer & router as well as a couple bulky boxes of Christmas presents, I decided to bring my huge suitcase. I checked it and only managed to squeak under the 50 pound limit by decanting a few items to a carry-on bag. My trip was otherwise uneventful. Oh, I did finish the "difficult" level sudoku in the flight magazine that had apparently been attempted by several previous occupants of my seat. That felt good. I also started reading the book Unbroken, by the author who wrote Seabiscuit. This one's a true story, but it's not about horses. It's about a second-generation Italian boy who was on the fast track to becoming a delinquent until he discovered he could run. Really run. He ran for the US in the 1936 Olympics and was on the way to breaking the 4 minute mile. Then the war came. His war involved flying, crashing into the Pacific, being a prisoner of war, and becoming an unsung hero. I like this kind of book and it's so well written, it almost reads like a novel.
![]() |
| This is how I like 'em best, cut in wedges. |
I brought along my running shoes and my Nike+ ipod thingie. I'm going to try to get out for a run tomorrow. I only have about 25 miles to run to reach 500 for 2010. That sounds like a nice round number, no? It's supposed to dip down into the 20s here tonight, so maybe I'll wait to do that run until the sun has had a chance to warm things up a bit.
Okay, that's it for now.
Have you enjoyed the first northern hemisphere navel oranges of the season yet??




Oh that orange picture is making me want an orange. I'll pack one for work tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great trip. Enjoy yourself. Doesn't it feel good to eat well when you are traveling?
Great job on the techie stuf. I think I'll stick with SpaTish instead of TecTish. I really liked her!
ReplyDeleteYes on the northern hemisphere fruit. Our Kroger began selling southern Florida navel oranges and RED (my fav!) grapefruits a week or so ago. Delicious! The house we are renting in Florida has an orange and a grapefruit tree in the back yard! I'm not doing WW, but would imagine that even at 0 points, 20 oranges a day would be too many. LOL!
Hope you have an excellent week with your sis in every respect!
BTW, if it's convenient at all to her home, check out the Harry's Market in Marietta (that's the original and the largest, I think). It's amazing!
Yes, I'm on my navel orange kick now! Between those, the big-as-my-head tangerines, and the juicy red pears, I'm in heaven!
ReplyDeleteOh you tech-goddess, you. That book sounds intriguing; I liked her other one. No oranges yet but I will probably buy a bunch of clementines to put out in a dish for when our various house guests arrive later this month.
ReplyDeleteThis is the season for clementines! My mother placed one in the toe of each stocking, I plan to do the same!
ReplyDeleteMary @ A Simple Twist of Faith
I love oranges in December :)
ReplyDeleteHubby picked up some yummy oranges on his shopping trip last night! I totally forgot about them until I saw your post! I guess I will have to wait and have one as a post run treat this evening.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of your tech-goddess status. That I will never be, though I like messing around with the techie stuff. Just can't master it.
ReplyDeleteNice positive post. I'm going to be out to score some navels this afternoon after reading your post!
I'm jealous of the navel oranges ... we head to the states on Friday, so that's the first thing I'll buy. I'm glad to hear the router set up went well, although I expected no less. :)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear that you are a Tech Goddess! Awesome! Beautiful picture. Enjoy your trip!
ReplyDelete