We had enjoyed a honey-baked ham during the holidays and I returned with the ham bone in the cooler. The day we got home, I started a Navy bean soup. We had it for dinner yesterday. Yum. Just the dry beans, onion, water, a chopped sweet pepper, and the ham bone. I did take the precaution of checking with my WW leader for advice as to how to count the ham part. [She recommended counting 2 oz of ham worth of points even tho' there weren't 2 oz in each serving--this accounts for the bone marrow that infuses the soup.] No picture, sorry.
Here's another picture from our trip:
| This is my 87 yr old Aunt Bettie. She's my mom's sister. She enjoyed playing pool. Notice DH in the mirror. |
Exercise today will be another trip to the gym for weight training and swimming some laps. I'm not a strong swimmer--I think I failed baby tadpoles when I was little and swim just well enough to have passed the test so as not to have to have an "adult" with me in the pool. I'm thinking of maybe taking a basic swimming class for adults to try to improve my form. This new shorter hair style really makes it believable that I'll get in the pool twice a week. My hair dries fast and I can even get away with not doing anything to it and yet have it look okay.
I haven't decided about dinner tonight--maybe roasted pork tenderloin with baked apples. There'll be a "numbers game" post coming up soon.
Be good.
Tish
189.4


I am with you on the WI....last week was my bad WI and I hope that next week I can make up for my Christmas binges. Your soup sounds divine!
ReplyDeleteI have avoided weighing in "officially" because I am afraid I will scream! the holidays are just not the best for those of us trying to lose. Can't wait to see how next week goes!
ReplyDeleteWow, I envy your spring cleaning motivation. And your motivation to cook. I keep thinking that life would be so much easier if I was good at cooking. ;-)
ReplyDeletePolar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com
I think I'll end up with no gain/no loss for the holiday season (will weigh in on Sunday). Would have liked to have lost, but I'll take a no gain. I'm anxious to start spring cleaning also, but have to wait a couple more weeks. Meanwhile I'm cleaning files on my laptop. :)
ReplyDeleteI know your weight will be on a downward trend in no time! I made bean soup with our ham bone too:)
ReplyDeleteThe Christmas ham is one of my favorite parts of this time of year!
ReplyDeleteWhen you get done organizing your house how about coming over and working on mine?
ReplyDeleteI made a multi bean soup last week that was delicious and filling.
Excellent year 2010 was hanging out with you in the blogs, looking forward to another year - Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete