Then
(awesome California strawberries)

(our first dance was a polka!)

and Now

Tomorrow is our 37th anniversary! We're both getting up early. John is taking the day off to watch some of the World Cup soccer. I'm going for a run after breakfast--a long run. I'm trying for 6 miles. It's supposed to be a beautiful, non-humid day. John's going to watch the first game at 7:30 and then we'll root for USA together, in the mid-morning game. I'll make a deluxe salad (greens, chopped mangos, toasted pine nuts, beets, roasted chicken, a sprinkle of craisins) and we may take a bike ride to the park (about 7 miles away) and eat al fresco. One more game (England) in mid afternoon and then, later, off to dinner and a movie. I plan a lovely bubble bath and maybe a nap while he's watching the afternoon game! I'm going for an OP day.
Can you name the location of the "now" picture? [Hint--notice the pink buttons we're both wearing]



Congratulations on 37 years. Its so refreshing to hear of a marriage lasting. And that sounds like a lovely way to celebrate an anniversary. Yum yum to the salad. I think I will have my beet salad tonight!
ReplyDeleteI have no idea where your picture was taken...
Congrats on 37 years - WOW that is so great!
ReplyDeletehope you have a great anniversary!
Wonderful! Congratulations! I love hearing of long-lasting marriages. You two look as happy today as you did in your wedding photo! And John looks so handsome in his uniform! :)
ReplyDeleteNo clue where the photo was taken.. looks like St. Thomas? :)
Happy Anniversary! Love the dancing pic with your hair swinging. :)
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy your day!
Oh my gosh, y'all are a gorgeous couple! Wishing you 37 more years of joy and togetherness!
ReplyDeleteCongratulation to John and you! You still have that fantastic smile!
ReplyDeleteMary @ A Simple Twist of Faith
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI love that you showed the photos - so sweet & I love the polka! Do you have strawberries as a special anniversary treat?
Sorry your DH had to suffer through the removal of the goal in the world cup on this day!
What a beautiful couple you are! And 37 years - something to be very proud of:)
ReplyDeleteThank you all! We had a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! The day sounds lovely and perfect! I loved seeing the photos. You are an amazing couple!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! Wonderful pictures. You all have had such an interesting life! I'm jealous of your current job! I don't have grandchildren yet as none of my 3 twenty somethings are married (I know that isn't a pre-req!). Hopefully int he next few years!
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by my blog yesterday and commenting. It led me to yours, and I read through a bit of it. Your last posted weight (192.2) was my lowest weight as of December 09, but 2 knee arthroscopies, holidays and the resultant lessening of activity led me to lapse back a bit. I think I'm making progress now.
I'll be checking in to see how you continue to succeed!