
I'll try to keep this short(er) today. We slept late-ish today and, after our Starbucks lattes and strawberries & cereal breakfast, we headed up to Rocky Mountain NP. Both of us finally felt that we'd overcome the lack of energy caused by the high altitude. We consulted with a ranger and decided to do a 6 mile hike, with a 560 elevation gain, to Cub Lake. The climb happened in the first 2.3 miles of the hike and took us a long while. Once we reached the lake, the downward 3.5 miles went fairly quickly. Great views, some new (for me) birds, including the mountain bluebird, and a fun time. We again had our picnic lunch along the way and had lots of water. It was a challenge, but I felt great afterwards and am glad we did it. I'm in love with the Aspen trees. We don't have these birch-like trees in Virginia, but they are graceful and beautiful to look at. The other predominant tree in RMNP is the Lodgepole Pine. Unfortunately, in the park, as well as in several other western states they are under serious attack by a pine bark beetle which is fast killing great numbers of them.
Tomorrow we will drive across the park and head on down to Colorado Springs. DH's conference starts tomorrow evening and I'm sure I can find ways to entertain myself for a couple of days. I seriously need to get a run in--my running shoes are going to sue for abandonment. Tomorrow is supposed to be my WI day, but it looks like I'll probably go on Thursday, instead, because we won't roll into town until mid afternoon. I'm really hoping that I lose well this week. I miss having my scale along to keep an eye on things. For me, when I stop weighing myself every day, it means I'm avoiding acknowledging gaining.
I know people have different approaches to weighing. Do you weigh yourself every day?
It sounds like a lovely day. Colorado is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI weigh most days, but not every day. I don't let the scale rule my life. I like to use non scale victories and how my clothes fit to mark my progress.
Hope you get to go for a run soon!
I do weigh every day. Over time I learned to roll with the scale fluctuations, but keep an eye on my weight over time.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are enjoying Colorado!
Go to Garden of the Gods. It is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI weigh every day. When I am on vacation with no scale, I am torn between worrying (since vacations usually involve off plan eating for me) and feeling free from the scale.
I weigh myself once a week first thing in the morning on Tuesdays. I have losted 1 1/2 lbs. in the month that I stopped working outside of the home. I have 8 1/2 lbs. to go to get back to my goal weight.
ReplyDeleteMary @ A Simple Twist of Faith
I vary. Never every day. I know when I will have an inadvertent gain (like after a work day) and don't weigh--just plays games with my mind.
ReplyDelete