Tuesday, June 29, 2010

a word from our Embedded Reporter

Help, I'm stuck in the laundry room.  It's incredible how much laundry one man can generate (because DH outproduces the other two of us by about 3 loads to 1--really).  We're leaving for a 10 day trip to the west coast at the end of the week.  Between watching the little ones, cleaning & sorting clothes in my closet, getting ready for my sister's arrival tomorrow, and doing the day-to-day things, I'm in way over my head.

Mini Spring Focus Update:

Water--yes
Exercise--yes (3 weeks straight,  planned exercise every day)
Eating dinner slowly--yes.  It was a close call last night, but I dawdled like crazy and stretched it to 15 min.
Weight loss--yes  Lost an additional 1.2 at last weeks WI for a grand total of -17 since May 4th.

WI tomorrow--the last WI during the Spring Focus.  I've got my fingers crossed to dip down into the 180s . . . we'll see.

Just found out that our vacay house does have wifi!  Yay.  I thought I'd be totally out of touch.  We'll be in Canada on the west coast of Vancouver Island--just north of Pacific Rim NP.  Avg temps this week never break 60 degrees!  Packing jeans and jackets and warm things.  I'm going to take advantage of the weather and get in some nice long runs.  My daughter's family (the other 3 grandchildren) will be with us and all of DH's sibs, kids and grands plus my sister and FIL.

My bin of too small clothes has changed function this week. It's now a bin of too BIG clothes!  The ones that don't quite fit are on a shelf where they entice me to stay true to my plan.   I feel like I have a brand new wardrobe for my trip.  14s fit well and a couple of the 12s fit, as well.  And, if you're wondering, my bin of too big clothes will go to the thrift shop when it gets full.  I'm not leaving the door open for going back.

? Do you save your bigger clothes or give them away?

9 comments:

  1. I used to keep too big clothes when I was still in baby making mode. Lol. Now I get rid of the second the bag gets too full. I have a bag to donate now.

    I move way too much to keep clothes that are way too small. A size or 2 away is all. I only have maybe 10 things in my clothet that I can't fit. I will then be hitting the sales and second hand stores. I can't wait!

    Your weight loss has been awesome this past 2 months. I am so in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally got rid of all of them, except a shirt, a maternity shirt and one ugly jumper. I'm glad I saved a few things so I can put fun pictures up on my blog!

    I hear you on the laundry - it just multiples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!!! I did not toss them in the past. Hmm, might that be why I always gained back the weight? So this time, my last time, I have been tossing. Or donating.

    Happy packing. That sounds like quite a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past I have not tossed my too big clothes. BUT I have a stack of them in my closet now just needing to be taken to a consignment shop or GoodWill. I am a procrastinator though and have yet to move them beyond the closet! Thanks for the reminder, as I think I will get to that task soon. teehee

    Congrats on the weight loss! I hope you see the 180s this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! Hope you find your way out of the laundry pile soon.

    I kept some of my bigger clothes but I plan on using them as maternity clothes so I don't have to buy all new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vacation sounds wonderful!

    I kept one original pair of pants, and I've kept a few things (a very few) one size up. Other than that, I donated it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. QUOTE:
    "a grand total of -17 since May 4th. "

    Wow! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally got around to changing out my winter/summer clothes & was pleased to find my summer stuff from 2 years ago fits & the big stuff I had last year is too big. I retired several things including one pair of pants that I hated when I bought but was the only thing fitting in the store... those still fit, but I REFUSE to wear them.

    I am not keeping the fat clothes, but need to have enough that it's worth a trip for donation.

    I found tons of clothes that will fit around 180 or so, so those got a nice label slapped on the front of a box...

    I'm a few days behind in catching up (and reading from the back) so my fingers are crossed that you made it to the 180s

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too much moving around in the past for me to keep clothes (regardless of the size) that didn't fit. I have a couple of bags of too big clothes that need to go to Goodwill right now, just haven't had the opportunity to keep them.

    Have a great time with the family ... that's how our summer is ... kids, grandkids, siblings and their kids and grandkids, along with lots of opportunities for s'mores.

    ReplyDelete