Saturday, June 26, 2010

[Insert Snappy Title Here]

God's in His heaven and all's right with the world.

It's a hot, muggy Saturday, but I did get out and do a run this morning.  It was supposed to be a long run, but when I hit the trail, I knew I wouldn't last with these weather conditions, so I decided to set my Nike+ for 10k (long, for me) and gave myself permission to walk as much as I needed to.  I walked a lot, especially the sunny parts of the trail and the up hills, but I went 6.3 miles!   It feels good.  I use the Nike+ with my ipod and keep track of my runs that way.  Here's today's view of my recent runs.  You can see I'm starting to run a bit farther these days. I also have a group of friends from Blog To Lose (BTL, started by Roni) that join me in a Nike+ challenge every month.  I'm the oldest by a long shot, but am currently 3rd for total distance of the 13 participants running this month.  I don't have a race picked out, but I'd like to be able to easily run 4-5 miles, three or four times a week.

Mr. Munch has left the area (thank goodness) and I feel on an even keel with my eating program.  I ran yesterday morning and went for a 14 mile bike ride after dinner.  My weight dropped down to right where it should be this morning.  Tonight's menu includes chicken picatta,  brown rice, and some lovely small zucchini courgettes.  I think I'll grill the zucchini.

Happy news in the closet this morning.  I noticed the plastic bin in the corner of my closet.  I'd started putting too-small things in there when my clothes started not fitting last fall.  I  dragged it out and did a little "closet shopping."  Things are starting to fit me again.  I found two great pair of capris that fit me a lot better than the one's I've been wearing since it got hot.  I was able to resurrect a couple of my running shirts, too.  This is good as the plain T's I've been wearing don't help a lot with running in hot weather.  I take my body measurements every once in a while, and this prompted me to check them today.  Since May 1st, bust down 1, waist down 2, hips down 2, and (best of all) upper arm down 1!  DH says my face is thinner, too.

DH asked, bless his heart, if I was down to my recent historic low of Dec '08.   That's still 23 pounds away, but it's coming.  Is your weight a secret from your near and dear??  I've never openly told DH what I weigh.  I keep a daily journal where he could see it easily, but I don't think he looks at it.  He doesn't read this blog either, and I post it here.  My first goal ever, from my highest weight, was to weigh less than DH.  My second goal was to weigh the weight I put on my Driver's License.  I'm working on that one, now.

Happy Weekend!


14 comments:

  1. Closet shopping is the BEST! I do weigh less than my drivers licence, it was sooo cool when I realized that. What time do you need to run at to avoid the worst of the heat. I left the house at 6:15, and was drenched after my 5 mile walk. I will probably aim for 5:30 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saw the point, exactly. I should have gotten out there earlier. I ended up starting my run at about 9:30. 7:00 would have been much more manageable. I don't think I can do 5:30 am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs a snappy title with all these successes piling up around here! You have so much to be proud of!

    The humidity got me today, too. I did yard work (my new axe!), and I was soaked! It was a good--if tiring--day.

    And no, I don't discuss my former or current weight with anyone. I'm not sure why, but I never have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I asked hubby how much he weighs this week, lol, I have approx 10 to go to be less than him. I hate when he says, grab a pair of my sweats, they are big. Um, I can't fit his clothes. Not yet anyways. ;) I did manage 5:30a today! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great feeling to be able to fit into clothes again! It's like having a bran new wardrobe, but even better!

    About three years ago, I had a mammogram scare that really shocked me into a healthier lifestyle. I am not sure how much I lost because at first I was ashamed to weigh myself, now I weigh myself once a week on Tuesday mornings. I guess my husband knows much because I write it on the calendar.
    Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on fitting into the set-aside items. That's the best feeling! You're really doing great, and your exercise is stellar. That 23 pounds will be history before long if you keep up such a great effort!

    Thank you so much, Tish, for your very kind comment on my blog just now. I greatly appreciate the support of this wonderful blog community. We have a good thing here and I'm glad you're part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tish! Are you surviving this heat? Today was a HOT one. Glad to hear you are back in the groove. Thanks for the big brother t-shirt idea! We were a little surprised by this pregnancy, so it took a little while to get comfy with the idea. We are just having so much fun focusing on Henry. But we wanted Henry to have a sibling, and I am 39, so guess this is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job fitting in your run, and congrats on fitting into the smaller clothes. Sometimes I think that's more satisfying than seeing the number on the scale, because it's like reclaiming a little bit of your old self.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have boxes of "smaller me" clothes too. I need to find the time & energy to go through them - I know there will be lots that fit now. I also will need to see how the summer clothes stack up, as I'm smaller than last year but not the smallest I've been, so I might have gaps in my wardrobe. This is the first heat wave of summer here, so I've put this off until now. I don't like shopping here in Paris - everyone is so tiny, clothes in "normal" size shops stop at a US size 10 & there aren't many good bigger woman shops (a business opportunity for sure, since the French are getting fatter).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am playing catch up but think Mr. Munch came to visit me when he left you! For my heaviest years, I did not share my weight with my hubby. Before that, we had a calendar in the bathroom and wrote our weight on it every day. Maybe if we had kept at it, I would have been so embarrassed as I gained I may have had eaten less! This January, shortly after I started this latest, last diet, I asked him if we had that old stuff with out weight because he used to track it on the computer with a pretty graph. And sure enough he found some old stuff and it was pretty interesting to see my yo-yo in print. AND, he decided to start tracking us again so he now knows my weight every day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, closet shopping is a fun day! You are on the ball lately... it's inspiring and motivating to see! Nice job with logging all the miles. :)

    I never told my DH my weight until I was in the 160s - after about 50 lbs lost. LOL about the driver's license weight... I've so been there. Now it's another lie on my DL weight... in a good way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Closet shopping!! I love it! I think that is such a good way to put it. I have a bunch of clothes all boxed up and I had already thought of pulling them out just to see what was there for motivation... You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog. Its a nice read. You are also doing so good in the health department. I enjoyed reading. Mbini

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never, ever told John what I weighed, but one day it slipped out. Whoops!

    Congratulations on the great run and sending Mr. Munch away!

    ReplyDelete