Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Fly By, Hot 100 Update

Where has this week gone?  And next week, by this time, Thanksgiving dinner will be a year off.  Amazing.

I did my strength work out last night, so this morning was a cardio morning.  It was beautiful out so I went for a run on the river trail.  For a change, I set off the opposite direction.  I did a combination of walking and running for a total of about 3.9 miles.  My little Nike+ girl is happy with me again.  I only have about 45 miles left to run this year to reach my goal of 500 miles in the year.  I'll probably surpass 500 handily.

We celebrated son Johnny's birthday yesterday (34).  I made two cherry pies and cranberry bars during the day.  We had flank steak, roasted potatoes, and broccoli (all "plan-friendly") and I did have a small piece of birthday pie (because I knew it was 'special').  I was pretty good about staying away from the cranberry bars, too.  Jay helped, inadvertently.  I made a double batch because I wanted to give a tin to Johnny (he loves 'em) and also take some to my dad (who also loves them) and have some for numerous house guests next week and send a tin in with Jay on his birthday next week.  This morning when I was getting the milk for my cereal, I noticed that the big tin with the extra bars was not there.  I knew DH wouldn't have taken them, and finally guessed that Jay had misunderstood and thought he was to take the big tin in to work to share with his work team today.  That was what happened.  The tin re-appeared back in the kitchen, empty, when he got home from work.  Oh, well.  I do super well at avoiding temptation when the object of my temptation disappears!

The second cherry pie was for dessert tonight.  We had some friends from our time in Rome to dinner tonight.  They're moving back to Virginia after having lived in Rome for 20 years.  They're missing good Italian food and cappucini, but are enjoying all the ethnic restaurants.  I made steak, whole wheat orzo with spinach and tomatoes, and sauteed zucchini with mushrooms for dinner.  I confess to another small-ish piece of pie.  We're sending the leftovers over to Johnny's house tomorrow morning and planning austere eating until the first house guests start arriving on Tuesday.

Hot 100 Update:
1.  I gained weight at my WI this week.  I am having a hard time getting back in that good mind-set.  I'm not giving up and I still hope to make progress toward my goal, but this week's grade for making progress is a fail.  Semper Speranza.
2.  Yes to the exercise.  6 out of 7 exercise days this week.  Good cardio, good strength workouts and I enjoyed the exercise.  I helps me feel better about myself to have succeeded in this goal and thank God it helps with the calorie war, too!
3.  Chocolate did not stay at 1 oz/day allotment this week.  Hmm.  Perhaps there is a correlation between goal #3 and goal #1.  

I've been tagged with some interesting questions.  I'll try to get to those tomorrow.

Be strong.

8 comments:

  1. Tis the season with lots of desserts! You seemed to do well though. The meals you prepared sound wonderful and healthy! Buckle up and get in the right mind set and you'll succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the work outs!! My girlfriend always reminds me that any progress, even non scale ones are good.....especially this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Debbi:) And I am having a different problem with chocolate right now: my husband keeps buying it and I keep avoiding it but in doing that I am overeating some other "healthy" alternatives. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a good week, especially the exercise! Keep up the good work!

    ~South Beach Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did great with the birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember us talking about all those birthday's this week. I vividly recall Jay's emphatic PIZZA when asked what he wanted at his celebration. Tough days and weeks ahead for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to constantly turn away from temptation - I think you did great. Personally I find the easiest times to be when I can be 100% on track. When it's 99% or less I feel like I'm constantly re-deciding.

    I have a new group effort starting : No Gain Holidays (although personally I want to exceed that!)
    http://lowstressweightloss.com/blog/make-the-pledge-no-gain-holidays/2364

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have had your share of celebrations and temptations with more on the way! Just keep working at you and you will have what you desire.

    It isn't a race, you have a life time of healthy eating ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete