Saturday, September 25, 2010

Do It Anyway!

It's Saturday afternoon and I need to run today.  I should have gone out this morning.  It's one of the goals I set in the Hot 100 Challenge. I've planned it, there's nothing else I have to do instead, I'm already dressed and my ipod is fully charged.  The thing is, I don't wanna go run right now.  It's hot today, tomorrow's supposed to be lots cooler. Stanford is playing Notre Dame in football starting in 10 minutes. (GO Cardinal!) Maybe later? Maybe tomorrow?  Maybe after I spend a couple of hours in blog land?

Ironically, my motivational reading for today (from 100 Days of Weight Loss) was titled:  Do it Anyway.  There are all kinds of things in life that we don't want to or like to do.  Changing a dirty diaper.  Running to the bathroom in the middle of a movie.  Doing the laundry.  We might procrastinate a little, but, in the end, you have to do it anyway.  

Running today is something that I have to do.  Even though I don't want to, I'm going to do it anyway. I can cheer on Stanford after I get back.  

See you later--I'm heading out for a run.




UPDATE
I did it anyway.  I just got back from a 4+ mile run.  It wasn't the best run ever; it was hot and I walked more than I'd have liked to.  All that is true.  But, I DID it.  And that feels great.  And Stanford is ahead at half time.  :D


How am I doing on my goals for the Hot 100?
  • 60 minutes of exercise--CHECK
  • No chocolate--CHECK
  • Eating on my WW plan--CHECK  to lose 17 pounds by Jan 1st--We'll See!
Oh, you might have noticed another challenge in my sidebar--the Fall Focus Challenge with the orange & black with a Jack-o-Lantern logo.  Because I have a strong sense of loyalty and the Spring and Summer Focus Challenges really got me going I've joined yet another challenge.  This one starts on Monday September 27th and goes until December 6th.  For this challenge I have kept the same goals as the goals I set for the Hot 100 (above), only adjusting the weight loss goal to 13 pounds because this is a shorter time.  I figure it can't hurt to reinforce those goals.  If you'd like to join, just click on the Jack-o-Lantern in the right sidebar to link to the site.

I'm feeling very confident about riding out the rest of the day following my goals, herewith my chart:





16 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! I was hoping, while you were giving excuses, that you WERE going to do it anyway! Excercise is the hardest thing for me to actually get out an DO so I commiserate. I would totally be putting it off too but I'm so glad for you that you made yourself "do it anyway." You rock! P.S. Love the 100 day countdown you made! ~Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting your run in. I know there are days that I really don't feel like exercising too. It's hard sometimes not to give in and take the easy way out. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really REALLY wanted to walk today as the temps never got above 63 today, but I was advised not to after my tumble down the stairs. I did a slow and easy walk to the middle of the block and back with my pooch, just not to overdo it. I am really hoping to do something tomorrow. I am so jealous! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your run...and your football team. They are representing the Pac 10 well. (I'm for UW)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!!! I remember so many times when one or the other of my boys would go on and on for so long about something he did not want to do that he could have finished in the time it took him to complain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!! I got to walk with my sister today by a lovely lake just outside of Nashville so exercising was a pleasure. We rarely get to walk together. The cooler weather had already arrived and it was glorious. Am sending it on up your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job getting out there. I love the mantra do it anyway. Perfect. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm proud of you! Good job for getting your run in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this idea. I did it anyway today too. Couldn't quite make it to the gym. But ended up going for four walks with the dogs. And by the fourth one, I felt really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO, you trained your DRAGON voice, too!! Excellent! Good for you getting out when that little (big) voice tries to talk you out of it. Keep it up, Tish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good girl, you did it anyways. I'm proud of you!!
    I love your calendar. I need to find something like that. Really I want it.
    Keep up the great work. I'll be back to check on you later.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well.done for sticking to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great display of 'getting it done'. It would be nice if we wanted to get it done every day, but, being human some days it is not to be. How many days have we just accepted that in years past and wallowed on the couch of where ever? More than I care to admit to.

    Enjoy the rest of your day/weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you!

    (This time next week, I hope we'll be having coffee!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete