| E=Joie de Vivre |
I had a great ride this morning. I rode from home to Mount Vernon along the Mount Vernon Bike Trail. The last mile or so has a few serious hills, but I was able to ride all the way. I have a membership card to Mt Vernon and, after locking my bike, I took a nice walk through the grounds. I've been in the house recently, so this time, taking advantage of the great weather, I spent my time in the gardens. I started back and was amused to see that going the other direction bicyclists are advised to dismount because of the steep downhill. No.Way! I earned that downhill part. :D I turned off the trail to make my way home through a park and some pretty neighborhoods. I went 17+ miles overall. It felt great. Oh, and I wore my snazzy bike shoes with no problems.
Tomorrow I want to get in a long-ish run in the morning. Then, at 11, I'm going to try out a yoga for beginners class. I have done some yoga with my Wii, but think I could benefit from a real live teacher. The class is free with our gym membership. DH was going to come too, but he's doing pro-bono legal work through a DC church.
I've started logging my daily weight on physics diet. You may know that I weigh myself every morning and record the weight in my journal. Minor ups and downs are normal, but I'd read about averaging the weights to get a moving average that shows you more accurately how you're doing. Here's my graph for the past 10 days or so. You can see clearly the red parts that represent our days on our Bike Holiday. Red is not good. Those are days when my weight is above the projected loss trend. The green parts are days when I'm at or below the trend for weight loss. Green is good. I look forward to accumulating lots of green chart territory ahead. Interestingly, your individual weight doesn't have to be lower than the previous day's weight to be in the green territory.
Hope your weekend is filled with joy!





How did you post the picture of your map? I use the daily mile website, and tried to see if I could post it on blogger and couldn't get it to work.
ReplyDeleteHope your yoga class goes well!
Lori Lynn, I have a mac and used the command/shift/4 combination to capture a print screen of the part of the map I wanted. If you use a PC rather than a mac, you can hit shift/print screen to copy whatever is on your monitor, then open "paint" in your programs/accessories and click edit/paste. Whatever was on your monitor will pop up on the blank page. You can then use the tools (like the crop tool) to get whatever you want. This is one of the most useful computer tricks I know. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteLove the weight graph! Coolio :)
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to be able to ride your bike to Mt.Vernon and walk around the grounds.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful E is! How wonderful would it be to have the freedom of spirit and no worries of childhood again?
ReplyDeleteAre you finding that you are "pulling up" as well as "pushing down" on the pedals when you're riding with the bike shoes?
George Washington is my historic crush. I would have totally been stalking him had I been alive in 1775! One of my checkmarks is to be able to go to Mt. Vernon. Anyway, E resembles you!
ReplyDeleteI need to go back and find my pics from our ride along that path a few years ago. To see if you can recognize anything.
ReplyDeleteHow far are you from Harper's Ferry, WV?
Little E is adorable.
'E' is a darling if I ever saw one!
ReplyDeleteWhew 17+ miles of riding, that's getting the exercise in. And you my friend have planned some excellent exercise here, Tish's Excellent Adventure we'll call it :-)
Have a good day, Never Forget!
Andrew, I try to remember to push and pull (in a circular motion) and sometimes do it while thinking about it for about half a minute, but mostly I just pedal and hope I'm doing it right.
ReplyDeleteSharon, we're about 1 1/2 hours from Harper's Ferry. It's a beautiful drive out there, especially this time of year.
This post reminded me that we almost saw Mt. Vernon in December during a trip to DC. All planned, but then the first blizzard of the season struck. I suspect there are great places to bike near where you live. And I am glad to hear you are doing well with the clips.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great ride!
ReplyDeleteI'm not an every day (or even every week) weigh-er, but I like the idea of using it learn about weight patterns. I think a lot of people don't realize that there are natural rises and dips that occur and are thrown off when those things happen. With this tool, you can see the bigger (or smaller, in our case) picture and the downward trend.
Triple great post!!! Just adorable picture! 17+ miles! And a cool data display - love the moving average idea.
ReplyDeleteWe happen to have friends over who lived in Alexandria - sounds like a really cool trail!
Oh, I love Little E's precious smile. It made me smile. Sounds like you have a nice weekend of adventures.
ReplyDelete