Thursday, September 23, 2010

Off and Running!

Today is the first day of the Hot 100 challenge.  I'm calling it Day 100 and crossing it off on my chart because I survived it in fine fashion.  I met all my goals easily in the first flush of challenge enthusiasm.  I have a book that I've decided to use during this challenge.  It's  Linda Spangle's A Daily Motivator  100 Days of Weight Loss:  The Secret to Being Successful on Any Diet Plan.  She doesn't even talk about what foods to eat, but instead has 100 days worth of short  (two page) topical essays. She addresses motivational issues like food triggers, getting support from family & friends, slowing down your eating, and emotional eating.  For today, for instance, she challenged the reader to think about something s/he may be afraid of concerning these next 100 days.  I admit I'm a little scared of failure because I've NEVER reached my WW goal in several past serious efforts.  She asks the reader to make a new ending to that fear and write it down.  Mine was "I've tried many times to reach my WW goal, but always before, I've failed, BUT this time I'm a lot more knowledgeable about the right things to eat, I have embraced regular exercise, and I have a great support network at home and on my blog so I CAN and I WILL succeed."
I've noticed over the past few days that my rate of eating is starting to creep back up to "rather speedy" in relation to Jay, my really slow eater, and to DH.  I'm going to have to do a little clock watching and slow things down a bit again.  Eating slowly really does help me enjoy my food more and also give me time to hear my "I'm Full" signal before I eat more than I need.

14 comments:

  1. you are going to do so great, I'm excited to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the book today, so I'm reading it with you. Made it through the Adult Choir Retreat Food Fest tonight with flying colors. Went out and took a short walk during the break. Everyone else was so busy gorging themselves, no one even notice I was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet another hottie! I love that you're also reading a motivational book that perfectly coincides with the 100 days with 100 motivational essays. Wonderful idea! I also have trouble eating slowly--I've been a wolfer as long as I can remember but I know it does help and I need to work on it too. Good luck! Let's rock this challenge! ~Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about being organised, you've got a matching chart and a book too! You can't fail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just reading something last night about eating more slowly and appreciating the food and feeling the fullness, and all that jazz. Made me remember that suggestion once about putting down the fork between bites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're off to a great start with the challenge Tish. The book sounds great...I'm seriously considering getting it. What a perfect companion to the Hot 100.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing well Tish! That books sounds like it will be a good tool for you along the way.

    Yes, slowing down while you eat makes a big difference in our level of satisfaction. We can enjoy the taste and flavor of the food more and we are more aware of when we are getting full.

    There is no reason why you can't get to your goal this time Tish. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for reminding me of this book! Another blogger took us through the 100 days a few years ago, and it was all good! Very sensible with practical exercises. I need to pick this up for those days when I could use a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Off & running in a good way. Putting all that knowledge and your order of things to good use. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can do it! I think the big thing is having exercise routine and stick with it.
    Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fast eater to and its definitely something I need to work on. What's the use to eat if you don't take the time to enjoy what you are eating? Good luck with your goals in the Hot 100 Challenge. I hope you don't mind but I'm adding you as one of my favorite blogs.

    http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the book suggestion, Tish, it sounds good...and I love books. I'm looking forward to the Hot 100 Challenge and have come over to wish you luck. We can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi. I'm marbear, I'm running Fall Focus [http://maryann24.blogspot.com]. If you are interested in participating you can sign up here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFNxZHBHem9waXJkS29YWDlTMEl1Tnc6MQ

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to begin Tish!

    ReplyDelete