Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hot100 Update--Week 1

Today is rainy and gray with a tropical storm dropping buckets of rain all up and down the east coast.  I'm going to insert the ultra bright Hot 100 logo to add a little warmth and color to my day.  Yesterday was the end of the first week of the challenge.  There are only 13 more weeks left in the year to reach my goals.

Okay here are my goals:


  1. Reach my goal weight by Jan 1st by following the WW CORE plan, weigh & record my weight each morning, attend weekly WW meetings.
  2. Exercise at least 6 out of 7 days with varied exercise including at least 2 strength workouts and 3 cardio workouts each week averaging 60 minutes per session.
  3. Keep my house and my body chocolate free.  This includes dark chocolate, chocolate chips, chocolate candy bars and any baked goods that have chocolate in them.
Here's how I did this week:   (hint = :D )

  1. I started with 17 pounds to lose.  I lost 1 pound at my WW meeting.  I followed my plan and tracked my weight each morning. Now I have 16 pounds to lose in 13 weeks. Doable, no?
  2. I exercised every day this week if you include one 45 minute Wii tennis match (and I do).  I did 3 strength training sessions and 3 cardio sessions and my workouts averaged 60+ minutes.
  3. Not that I wasn't tempted by the evil bakery ladies who purposely baked chocolate chip cookies while I was grocery shopping and fanned the air so that a very sinful, come-hither aroma wafted all over the store, but I remain chocolate free.
I'm going to post this early today (10 am).  My posts usually take several hours to appear to you all for some reason.  Don't miss yesterday's post, if you haven't seen it!  UPDATE:  Of course this one shows in the blog roll in just 45 minutes.  Go figure!

Take Care!   Good Luck in the week to come for all my fellow-travelers.





23 comments:

  1. Good job working toward your goals! For some reason, some of my comments aren't making it to your page...its like they get lost in blog land :)
    Today would have been my Dad's 62nd Birthday! This morning when I read and commented on your last post (one that I don't think ever showed up) STEVEO was my word verification. MY Dad's name was Steve :) It was like your blog sent me a little msg from Dad and made me smile :) Here is hoping you will get to see this comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, Thanks for you comment. I didn't get the other comment--I'm sorry. Thanks for telling me about the word verification. That's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to rub it in, but it's sunny and 68 right now. I'm off to ride my bike!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing so well! I need to follow your example:) Sunny here all weeeeeeek... Yay for biking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job - love that. It is so cool here I can hardly believe it. We had the hottest summer imaginable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on such a good week Tish. We are doing great right out of the gate! Just keep building on it.

    I too enjoy chocolate, mostly dark chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great start to you Hot 100!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great week! It's so easy to get in a groove...and sadly, just as easy to fall out of it. :)

    I actually like when they're baking at the grocery store. I can visualize myself partaking of the imaginary goodness, without the calories. It's the upside of a fertile imagination. :)

    Oh, and please do something about that rain before I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes'm. The forecase for Sat and Sun shows partly cloudy (partly sunny too!) high in the mid 60s low 49. Bring a jacket! And here I always thought I had a fertile imagination . . . but I like your Pollyanna optimism about the evil cookie ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have a great plan and you are implementing, doesn't that make you feel great!
    I LOVE it when a plan comes together. You have a lot to be proud of Tish.

    Chocolate is my weakness too, especially homemade cookies and brownies!

    Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  11. That weight loss goal is definitely do-able.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! I wish I could get back into the workout trek... feels like I have fallen off and its so hard to get back, you know?

    You will totally hit goal!

    Christina

    http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are off to a great start for the Hot 100. Great goals too. My goal is to be at my goal weight by the start of the new year also.

    I'm in MD and the weather here has been awful. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, the the evil bakery ladies who purposely bake while we shop. Banish them to the Isle of Misfit Toys I say!

    A good week it seems for you, very well done!

    No, 3 strength and 3 cardio = very-very well done!! :-)

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely, I count that Wii Tennis. The way I play (simulate actual running across court or from side to side) it is a workout. Husband stands in one place and just moves the remote, not quite the same intensity. Great start Tish, you're well on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No chocolate, wow...you have this chocoholic's admiration. ;) Great start to your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Must . .. resist chocolate! Great job meeting your goals! I hate Wii Tennis! Know why? Cuz I lose every darn time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are doing so great!! I just joined up. We are going to be way cool grannies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fellow "Hot 100" participant stopping by to say hi and cheer you on! Awesome job! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, way to go on meeting your goals! Great job! ~Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the loss, and looks like your doing good with your goals.

    ReplyDelete