Monday, September 20, 2010

A Picture is Worth a THOUSAND


I have run  and recorded (a smidge over) 1000 miles since I got my Nike+ on October 10, 2008.   I'm very proud of myself.   I've run winter and summer, through rain and snow, in bright sunshine and in pre-dawn darkness, through thick and thin(ner), when I felt like it and when I didn't. I've run with friends and by myself, on a treadmill (for <10 of those miles) and outside. I've had lots of walking time on my runs and a few 5K races.  I've run in jeans (once) and in my comfy running capris.  I've run to books on tape and to my favorite 60s rock. I've tripped, fallen, and scraped my knees. I've seen bald eagles, prothonatory warblers,  snakes, red winged blackbirds, frogs, wooly caterpillars, squirrels, chipmunks, a fox and a snapping turtle.  I've watched the sun rise, watched it set, been the first to make footprints in new fallen snow, and watched  great Vs of Canada Geese majestically moving through the sky over the broad Potomac.   I'm really a runner!

12 comments:

  1. I hope you heard the shout of joy all the way from Tennessee. I am so proud of you. What an amazing accomplishment. Hope we are still friends when you cross the 2000 mile mark!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't see me, I am giving you a standing ovation:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow .... congratulations! 100 miles is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are!! Thanks so much for sharing this amazing milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - you *are* a runner! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Tish, yes you are a runner! That is very cool! Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA!!! That's just awesome! Congratulations on your milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Tish, you've got to love reaching those milestones don't you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure why but this showed up in my feed today, event though you posted it yesterday. I wondered when I saw it here yesterday. Just letting you know. I guess I need to pay attention to see if they always come a day delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an amazing runner Tish! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You are a running inspiration! Here's to a 1,000 more!!

    ReplyDelete