Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The day before WI

Hi all!   I got my trip to the gym in early today and managed to add a bit to my usual routine of lifting.  Later I met Sharon & Mr. B and we stopped for lunch at a great little Italian bistro place in Alexandria before heading into DC.

We took a behind the scenes tour at the National Cathedral.  Then we drove to Arlington National Cemetery.  Here are some pix:

View from the South Crossing
Not a gargoyle (no gutter pipe) but a "grotesque."

Unbelievably beautiful fall leaves.
View from JFK's eternal flame back toward Washington
Me, beside my sweet mother's grave.  She would have been 90 yesterday.


We're eating so well--healthy, nutritious, and OP.  Tonight we had Tilapia, broccoli, & roasted butternut squash.  After dinner--Wii time!  Sharon and Mr. B were newbies to the Wii and we had a great time and laughed a lot while playing with the Wii fit and some of the basic sport games.  I think we may have gotten Mr. B hooked!  

Tomorrow we're off on our mini bike holiday.  Lots of biking.  I plan to go to my WI on the way out to our bike holiday headquarters.  Off to bed now so I can get in my Last Chance Run before the WI.  

Bye for now.





6 comments:

  1. Love the pics but where's one of the Wii playing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics! Enjoy your bike trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics and good luck on the weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics!! You look fabulous! Good luck at WI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous (and way too young to be a grandma). Love all the pictures. I'm so jealous of your bike tour.

    ReplyDelete