That said, I did have a rocky couple of days here, perhaps "changing it up a little" from my toe-the-line diet and exercise regimen of recent weeks. A little bit of exercise and a few "splurges" diet wise. Enough of that. Starting with dinner tonight (my crock pot osso bucco) I'm back on the wagon.
To help focus on this, I've include a couple of pix: The first is from 2006, the second from earlier this month. The difference is 40+ pounds. I see it most in my face. Also in my forlorn hope that wearing all black would give me that "slim look" I was hoping for. [The curl to my hair must be applied daily and is not a function of my weight!] Am I the only one who buys things in two sizes?? The one that fits, and the one that I hope will be my size later? I loved that blouse and am glad that I have it in a size that fits me now, too.Here's my Hot 100 Update:
My goals:
- Reach my goal weight by Jan 1st by following the WW CORE plan, weigh & record my weight each morning, attend weekly WW meetings.
- Exercise at least 6 out of 7 days with varied exercise including at least 2 strength workouts and 3 cardio workouts each week averaging 60 minutes per session.
- Keep my house and my body chocolate free. This includes dark chocolate, chocolate chips, chocolate candy bars and any baked goods that have chocolate in them.
How I did:
- I attended my WW meeting which confirmed my suspicion that I am stuck on a plateau. I will continue to eat on the CORE plan and WI every morning and attend my meetings and hope that I (or my weight, anyway) falls over the edge of the plateau soon.
- Yes. This is done, though cardio was harder to keep up with as my running was blocked by my hurt toe. I am going to try to resume running tomorrow morning.
- Fail. Chocolate was one of the splurges I had today. Steve encouraged us to modify our goals, and I am going to take his advice and modify this goal to allow myself 1 oz of chocolate per day. I kept up the ban for 5 weeks, but I think having this moderate amount daily will help me outlast this weight loss plateau and the upcoming celebration season.



I've don't know that woman in the first picture, but that's my friend Tish in the second one! She looks great!
ReplyDeleteMy guess is that plateau is gonna be a distant memory in just a few weeks!
You look fabulous, Tish! When I hit plateaus or stalls during my weight loss, I would do exactly what you did: pull up old and current pictures, look at my weight loss chart, etc. and remind myself that ok, so I didn't lose this week, but I HAVE lost x number of pounds. And so have you, and you will bust through this stall!
ReplyDeleteWhoo hooo - love the before and after pix here. Looking great and you should be proud. Ah I read the words "osso bucco"... such pleasant words. Have a Great Weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm always buying clothes that are to big. You're looking good! Good luck on running tomorrow. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's funny about buying something you like in two sizes. I don't think I've ever done that before. Bought ONE thing in the hopes that someday I'd fit.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, whew. I think I am more relieved than you that you are going to allow yourself a little chocolate. An ounce is more than enough to satisfy, and now that you 'allow' it, you might find that you don't need/want it every day. At least that's how it works for me.
You look great! Really! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll find success! Well, maybe not the chocolate binges. :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear a bit more positivity in this post and the difference in those photos is just awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing! Yes, I have bought the same thing in different sizes but on the way up, not in anticipation of wearing it on the way down. I have the same navy blue business suit in a 12, 10, and 8. I have Cherokee shorts and slacks in 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, and 8. I love that you have comparison photos. When I reach each size, I'll take photos of myself in those things so I can keep a visual history of my progress too.
ReplyDeleteYou look great! And despite that darn plateau you are doing so well. I think changing goals is a good thing when they need to be changed. When I was on WW many years ago, I found that for me, I could often get over a plateau by varying what I was eating more. That was in the days before core when we counted points. I think my body would adjust to the same amount coming in every day. But also, keep in mind, as you get smaller you actually need less calories. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteYou look terrific Tish, bravo!!!
ReplyDeleteTish, you look great!! Plateau's can be discouraging, but, I find that in time, they do come to an end!! I'm working at losing the weight that I gained back from making my goal a couple years ago while on weight watcher's.. 26# I'm working on relosing...all again!! UGH!!! I still am attending my weight watcher meetings, which helps me out a whole bunch! I find I need them to help me stay on track..
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
~Lynn
Awesome changes in the photos! The hair curled is so cute too!
ReplyDeletePlateaus do happen and it is discouraging as we ride them out! But look for non scale victories during this time. How your clothes fit, you fitness level and so on.
Nothing wrong with changing and adapting our goals. A little bit of dark chocolate does us good!
Good advice from Karen about changing things up in the food choices. I find that works too!
I love both photos--same gorgeous smile! :)
ReplyDeleteI've never bought clothes in hopes that they'll fit. Too many failed efforts in my past, plus a focus on having fewer things. But that blouse I might have made an exception for--it's cute!
You look awesome! I can see such a difference.
ReplyDeleteTish, you have come a long way and know what to do to get to goal. The plateau will pass, but it certainly seems impossible when we hit it, doesn't it? Just keep doing what you're doing, maybe with a bit of chocolate here and there, and you will start losing again.
ReplyDeleteYour doing great Tish. Love the adapted goal...enjoy your dark chocolate (remember if it's 60% or more cocoa it's actually a "good" monounsaturated fat and it's suppose to help our bodies more efficiently burn fat-seems ironic but I signed up). Love the top and the before/after pictures.
ReplyDeleteI think a little goal motivation is sometimes just what we need, and a little chocolate is okay, as long as it isn't a weakness for you.
ReplyDeleteThose pics are motivating!
~South Beach Steve
You look great! What a motivation you are!
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful. :) Hope the chocolate helps... that would be really good.
ReplyDelete