 |
| As If |
 |
| Mr. B and Sharon |
What a great day! Biked to Mount Vernon with
Sharon and Mr. B today. Perfect weather, perfect company, perfect route, and perfect destination. Our ride was about 16 miles round trip, including lots of hills. We parked the bikes and toured Mount Vernon when we got there. Here's a picture taken along the Potomac River on our way. Nice snacks of almonds and dried apricots and plenty of water. We toured the house, explored many of the trails on the grounds, and went through the new Education center. One of the highlights was the film of Washington's military career that included a couple snowfalls on the audience. We also enjoyed the long DOWNhill parts on the ride home!
Thanks to my daughter, Laura, I've found a new weight loss tool that is really fun and quite interesting. Laura has lost about 20 pounds in the past couple of months by using this site:
caloriecount.com
You enter a bit about yourself (weight, height, age) and then enter your food and exercise each day and it analyses your nutrition. I really like seeing how well I'm doing on filling my nutritional needs. I do take a daily vitamin, but I'm interested in filling those needs with things that I eat. Here are a few of the charts it had for me after I entered today's food.
Check it out!
So did you enjoy the uphills too! It might be masochistic, but I'm actually starting to enjoy riding up hills!
ReplyDeleteI've been using the Calorie Count website for a few months -- it's great! And they send daily emails describing new topics and info.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check out that site. I have used fitday for years and I think it is similar. Labor intensive though to enter when I eat something like a soup or casserole and I need to figure out all the ingredients.
ReplyDeleteThe ride sounds perfect:)
Looks like beautiful weather and a nice time. Interesting tool that you found. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIt does sound like the perfect day! Thanks for the heads up on the calorie tool. I really need to check it out.
ReplyDeleteBiking is a fun exercise indeed!! Taking the hubby out tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great looking day for a ride! Hey, you might appreciate this - took my two sons to the UW vs. OrSt. game last night - UW won 35-34 in double overtime!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun on that ride!
ReplyDeleteI'm kind of in an anti-tracking, anti-details mode right now, but when that swings (it will...) I'll check out that site, because the best motivation for healthy eating I ever had was when I watched the details of nutrition (vitamins) - so cool to see the choices add up! Like you I take a multi as insurance, but think food is much better
I am so happy that you could all get together and have fun outdoors! What a beautiful time you are having, exercising and eating healthy!
ReplyDelete