Friday, October 8, 2010

Hot 100 Update

Thanks for all your thoughtful responses to my post yesterday. It's very helpful to hear what you have to say about these things. That's what I love best about blogging--the exchange of ideas.


I did my Praise Moves (yoga) today and must say I'm really enjoying it. I think it's helping me be much more mindful of my posture during the week and I know that my muscles rebel less from my cardio during the week when I use some of the stretching exercises I've learned. PM lasts an hour and a quarter and it's one of the highlights of my week. I'm going to run out tomorrow and buy myself a mat as I've been using DH's mat for the past several weeks. 


For your viewing pleasure, little E and I had lots of fun playing dress up, assembling  a Lincoln Log cabin, and playing with a very large doll house at the new Mount Vernon education center while our friends toured the rest of the center. Baby J napped in his stroller.
Can you believe that we're already finished with two weeks of the Hot 100 Challenge?  That means it's time for another update.


My goals:

  1. Reach my goal weight by Jan 1st by following the WW CORE plan, weigh & record my weight each morning, attend weekly WW meetings.
  2. Exercise at least 6 out of 7 days with varied exercise including at least 2 strength workouts and 3 cardio workouts each week averaging 60 minutes per session.
  3. Keep my house and my body chocolate free.  This includes dark chocolate, chocolate chips, chocolate candy bars and any baked goods that have chocolate in them.
How I did:

  1. I have 16 pounds to lose in the next 12 weeks.  Still doable, but a bit more pressure.  I stayed the same this week.  I ate more or less OP all week, and attended my WW meeting a day late.
  2. Yes.  Six out of seven days.  Three cardio, and three strength workouts this week.  
  3. Uh oh.DH found some forgotten chocolate that I had stashed away long ago.  Not his fault. But I had a run in with some dark chocolate chips.  I ate them all, fortunately only about 16 chips.  I'm pretty sure that our house now chocolate-free. I will do better.  



5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great challenge - keep it up! I can't be trusted around dark chocolate either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah chocolate. Happens to the best of us. I know you will be back on track already:) I was so stressed today that when I needed to go to the grocery story I told my husband I was going to wait a while because I really, really wanted to sink my teeth into chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some surprises are nice, but not chocolate is not one of them! Good update otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn chocolate, why does it taste so good and tempt us so much. Great job with the exercise. Hope you enjoy a nice weekend away and have a great week 3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 16 chocolate chips? You're forgiven, since you exercised 6 days.

    ReplyDelete