Friday, October 1, 2010

Fly By

This is going to be short.  DH broke his wrist today (while playing volleyball) and I've been playing nurse, chauffeur and jill-of-all trades around here.  Fortunately, I managed to get in a nice run, my Praise Moves, and a hair appointment before I got his phone message.  It's almost 8, we just got back from the hospital and dinner is just about ready.

He's feeling okay, but you know fellas--they like to be taken care of when things are hurting.

I hope to tuck him in with some tylenol/codeine and get back here to catch up on your doings later. :-)

Take care,

20 comments:

  1. Hope your hubby's wrist heals quickly - I know how needy men can be when they are sick/injured! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about DH's break. Ouch. Hope his healing is uneventful. Does this affect the bike ride?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about his wrist! Ouch! I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about the hubs! Neither me or mine has ever broken a bone (knock on wood)--I imagine it's pretty painful! ~Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-oh. Wrists can be difficult. Since men don't often listen to their wives, tell him you have a blogger friend who worked on a hospital orthopedic floor--and she said that wrists can be tricky healers. Very tricky. SO he MUST follow MD instructions EXACTLY. No doing things he's ought not do. Really.

    Deb

    Uh-hmm. Good luck to you, too. :}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope he is feeling better soon, and that the wrist mends well.
    Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I guess he won't be biking for a while. Look after him well, you're right, we like that! Hope he heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! Sympathies to DH! Double sympathy to his nurse-fetcher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor guy. Yep, I know how men are when they are anything less than 100%. Hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! Poor DH! I hope he has a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all your good wishes for DH. Deb--you must know him. I remember the time he broke the same wrist and cut the cast off so he could play volleyball three weeks later. He's planning to referee a soccer game tomorrow (and the doctor said he could if he wanted to !). Don't know yet about biking. He's confident he'll be able to. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, oh my!! I was out of pocket all last evening and did not find this until Saturday morning. Tish, do we think he did this on purpose?? LOL! Anything to get out of spending two days with two women???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch! That has to be painful - I cannot believe I've gone 42 years and haven't broken a single bone!

    Be a good nurse! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bummer-hope it was his non-dominant hand! I know what you mean about babying men when they are hurting. If you are like me, after a while I wish I could slip him some codeine whether or not he is hurting anymore! ;-)

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having a husband who greatly magnifies his thankfully rare ailments, my biggest sympathy goes to you! So sorry for him though, because a broken wrist is annoying and limiting even if it's your non-dominant hand! Hope you ahve a peaceful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ouch that kind of sucks. Hope it heals quick

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh-hanging out at the hospital always does me in-somehow I think it gives me permission to eat comfort food. Glad your visit was short lived and hope DH's wrist heals quickly.

    Distal Radius fracture? I'm an Occupational Therapist/Certified Hand Therapist so I like all the details. Most important tip: don't let the fingers get swollen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no! Soryr to hear about your DH! Hope he has a speedy recovery. Mine too likes to be taken care of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ouch, sorry about that. Was it the ball, or a fall, or a collision that did it?

    ReplyDelete