Another fly by sort of post. Sorry.
Thanks for all your good wishes to DH. He's off refereeing 2 soccer games this afternoon. Both bones in his right forearm are broken at the wrist and he's sporting a molded splint thing, and his fingers are swollen and he can't do any fine motor tasks (I had to pull up his referee socks and tie his shoes as well as retie the bandaging on his splint for him). Typical guy--he still wants to referee because he said he would, and he likes doing it, and because his leg's not broken [YET!].
In the hubbub of the emergency room, closing on two houses and the rest of life during the past couple days, DH forget to remind me that he had invited a nice young couple he knows from doing pro bono legal work to dinner last night. Thank goodness they called in mid-afternoon to get directions. Lots of scurrying around picking up toys, a last minute grocery trip and a very contrite DH, but I managed to get a pretty decent dinner on the table by the time they arrived. We had grilled salmon with apricot glaze, whole wheat couscous with dried apricots, mint, and toasted almonds, and peas. For dessert, I removed WW frozen yogurt strawberry bars from their popsicle sticks and topped them with fresh cut strawberries and a dollop of ff cool whip. We had a fun evening, and I even got in a kettle bell session in the afternoon in lieu of the nice long bike ride I was planning.
Anyway. I'm off in a bit to meet one of you guys for coffee! You know who you are, but we'll tell the rest of you about it tonight. I'm going to put my camera in the car right after I type this sentence so I don't forget it. 'Til tonight!
Creamy Cauliflower Carrot Soup
3 weeks ago



Fracturing both the Ulna & Radius is no minor injury. Regarding the swelling, Elevation & cold packs are a great start. Text him asap and remind him not to let his arm dangle at his side at the games! I've never worked with a hand injury via a Blog...but here goes...just to hold you over until you see the Orthopedist on Tuesday! Since he's in a splint to support his wrist, have him try to fully open and close his fingers as often as possible. No lifting or resistive gripping until Doc says it's OK. Sometimes it helps to gently massage each finger from finger tip towards the wrist. Hang in there, keep me posted. It sounds like you have your "hands" full. No pun intended...ok maybe it was :)
ReplyDeleteTalk about a whirlwind of a day! You rolled with it and everything came out great!
ReplyDeleteGreat menu. Remind me to get your DH to invite me to dinner. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your rendezvous with Tammy. Sounds like a lasting friendship!
OMG - I could never have gotten a meal on the table or my house cleaned in time! Can't wait to hear who you are meeting:)
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the impromptu dinner, Tish! You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteThe menu sounded great! Thank God, they called for directions! Your DH's injury sounds significant, I hope he heals well.
ReplyDeleteMary @ A Simple Twist of Faith