Friday, October 15, 2010

Fabulous Friday, Hot 100 Update

Hello loyal readers.  I've been bad about posting this week and am woefully behind on reading (I MISS you guys!), but all is well and I hope to get back to my regular blog routine.  Thanks for sticking with me.

Sharon and I rocked it today with diet and exercise.  We went to 75 minutes of Praise Moves (yoga) this morning and enjoyed a perfect fall hike this afternoon at Mason Neck State Park.  Mid 60s, sunshine, a light breeze, leaves painted in fall colors and good company--what more can you ask for.

Orange Dream
Our meals have been spot-on perfect.  It's like having your conscience personified keeping you company all day--in a very good way. Maybe like Oprah's food and exercise coach who was with her throughout the day. Dinner tonight was baked chicken with lemon-soy sauce, brown rice, roasted butternut squash and roasted green beans.  For dessert we had this:
Orange Dream
Combine 1 large container of plain, fat free yogurt with 1 large container sugarless jello (orange is my favorite).  Nuke on "high" for two minutes in the microwave. Stir well. Pour into four parfait glass and layer with fat free cool whip as desired. Garnish with mandarin orange slices and sliced, toasted almonds.   YUM!

Mr. B (Sharon's husband) arrived this evening.  Tomorrow morning we're all going to bike to Mount Vernon (except for DH, still hostage to his full arm cast, who will meet us there to tour the plantation).

Hot 100 Update--Week Three


My goals:


  1. Reach my goal weight by Jan 1st by following the WW CORE plan, weigh & record my weight each morning, attend weekly WW meetings.
  2. Exercise at least 6 out of 7 days with varied exercise including at least 2 strength workouts and 3 cardio workouts each week averaging 60 minutes per session.
  3. Keep my house and my body chocolate free.  This includes dark chocolate, chocolate chips, chocolate candy bars and any baked goods that have chocolate in them.
How I did:

  1. I lost .4 pounds at this week's WI so I have 15.6 pounds to lose by New Year's to reach my goal.  I'm hoping that I'm finally getting over the plateau and will still be able to reach the goal. 
  2. Done.  I exercised 6 out of 7, ran 4 times and did 3 cardio workouts.
  3. YES.  There was a near disaster this morning when I saw a solitary chocolate chip that was on my kitchen counter.  It managed to rouse all my chocolate cravings.  Fortunately, on closer inspection, I discovered that the chocolate chip was actually a half coffee bean that had escaped from the grinding process earlier in the morning. 


12 comments:

  1. Fellow hottie here coming to cheer you on. I laughed out loud about the coffee bean.

    About the Orange Dream recipe....do you eat it warm or cold? I don't know if I could muster up eating warm yogurt. :)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the recipe and am looking forward to trying it, thanks! You're doing really well on meeting your goals. Keep it up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of us needs to tell the story of the Chocolate Chip Cookies we couldn't get rid of! Hint: We passed with flying colors, not even a lick of the fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFM--COLD! definitely. Sorry, chill it until it's nice and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a great laugh out of the near chip crisis:) The orange dream sounds yummy. And you gals are making me very much wish I was there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you are having a great time!
    Keep up the great work Tish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the coffee bean/chocolate chip. ROTFL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bahahaha I that poor coffee bean trying to imitate chocolate... that was kind of cruel of it... I hope you did something mean to it... like grinding the crap outta it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That orange dream looks really good. Definitely have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Orange dream = yummo. (I'm so sick of Rachel Ray)
    Congratulations on your week - another good one. I think you're going to make that ultimate weight goal by the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just wondering how you were doing with the no-chocolate goal. Glad to hear you've been able to resist the temptation. Your bike ride sounds wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job for the week Tish! I love the coffee bean/chocolate chip story. :-)

    ~South Beach Steve

    ReplyDelete