Thursday, August 12, 2010

Friday Focus

FOCUS

It's Thursday night as I write this and and tomorrow I intend to FOCUS my actions and my thinking on my diet and my exercise.  I won't have the grand babies.  I need to visit my Dad at some point and spend some time with my brother, but I intend to spend a lot of this day on myself.  I want to center my thinking and make sure that I'm doing all I can to make progress toward my goals.  I think I've gotten sort of lax about things and I feel the need to tune up my game to do my best.

The forecast promises mid-70s in the morning and maybe rain.  I'm going running.  I want to challenge myself to see if I can cut out some of the walking breaks I've been taking in all my recent runs.  I also want a good, long run--maybe 7 or 8 miles.  This is one of the few days during the week where I don't have to squeeze my run in before the children come or I have to dash off to WW or to church.  


I also want to take some time and do a little intentional reading in two or three diet/motivation books that I have.  I also have a few months worth of Eating Well magazine that I want to take some time with and find some new recipes to add to my repertoire.  


As a sop to the idea of doing some housecleaning, I want to spend an hour working on my closet.  I've got clothes to give away and clothes to bring back to the front of the closet.  I need to do some serious weeding of my T-Shirt pile.  I grabbed one this morning that was a 2X--I'm sending all my X's to live in Texas (or at least to the Goodwill store)!


Breakfast and lunch will be my usual, but I want to discover some new ideas during my time with the magazines and cook something wonderful and new for dinner.  I'll let you know!


The ants have gone completely away.  I haven't seen even one ant in the past two days.  Hurrah!  Maybe I can hold my head up again when the cleaning ladies come tomorrow!  Someone asked me what the recipe for the Ant Poison was. I got it from a Wiki How article (google  "get rid of ants").  They had several ideas, but the one I used called for 1 cup water, 2 cups sugar, 2 TBSP Borax.


I made reservations today for a beautiful inn on Maryland's Eastern Shore.  We're going Labor Day weekend.  We'll load up our bikes and take advantage of the flat terrain and bike-friendly conditions and do some serious biking.  We regularly do 14 or so miles a couple of times a week, but the farthest I've ever biked is 17 miles.  There's a 35 mile bike trail that includes a 25 minute ferry ride and lots of biking along the water.  It sounds really nice.  I've got to get DH to read some of Lori's posts so that he gets into the idea of interspersing serious biking with bagels and fro-yo and other wholesome treats!


For your viewing pleasure:  Here's a picture of DH and me during a trip to Astoria, Oregon.  In May 09, when this was taken, I weighed about 5 pounds less than I do now.   








PLEASE~~~Can Someone Help Me with a couple of technical Question about Blogger??

1)  Why does my blog typically take 5+ hours to update to the newest post on the blog roll (my own and yours--I've checked)?  This happens almost every time.  

2) Why do I sometimes have huge spaces in my blog even tho the preview and the compose view don't show those spaces and I can't eliminate the spaces without deleting lines of my post??



9 comments:

  1. Love the pic of you & DH. We stayed at Inn At Perry Cabin for a couple of nights several years ago. Didn't have bikes and always said we'd go back. Beautiful place.

    Blogger has a mind of it's own. No idea about the updating. Sometimes I have the weird spacing, but it shows up in the Preview and I can fix it by backspacing and/or deleting extra spaces once I've seen where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tish - I agree with Sharon about Blogger - it's an enigma, wrapped in apuzzle, shrouded in mystery, as Winston Churchill said of the USSR about 50 years ago!

    Your picture is wonderful! You guys are a great looking couple, and you look quite svelte! Seriously. I hope by now you've had your successful and dry run, beating the rain. The Labor Day plans sound great. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too need to make time to do a little intentional reading; I just don't read enough.

    Sorry I can't help on the tech blogger questions. I have not experienced the delay in updates myself. The space, it is a pain and I just have to remove it before posting; I have to preview each post just beacause of that though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for taking time to focus on yourself!
    Have you read the book, Fit From Within? I beleive it is by Victoria Moran. If you haven't read it, you should! It is a great little book that I find myself going back to time and again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow-what a day you have planned. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo! Beautiful couple:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for the day, I hope for a day like that, well, maybe in about 16 years!
    Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo of you and DH!

    I don't use blogger anymore, but I had the same problem with line spacings. I could usually delete the extra space by switching from Compose mode to HTML mode on the posting screen and editing there. I'm no techie, but I think the HTML view is more pure, if you will, without blogger's interpretation of what you're trying to post.

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete