DH and I are thinking of buying a second house as an investment. On Saturday, our realtor showed us one that pretty much meets all of our requirements, so we're thinking about putting together an offer. Yesterday, my exercise was biking. to that house (5 miles away) We biked through that whole neighborhood, getting a good feel for what it's like.
After church yesterday, I fixed a fantastic roasted tomato and corn soup. My bumper crop of basil (it loves this weather!) provided the perfect garnish and a wonderful aroma and tang for the top. I should have taken a picture. I am working on getting together some of the recipes that folks have requested. If you use Blogger and have any technical advice, I'd be obliged! The request for my brownie recipe almost tripped me up. I went so far as to go to the store to buy butter (a key, necessary ingredient for my recipe) thinking I'd make a batch so I could add a picture to my recipe. That's a "primrose path" if I ever heard of one! What do you suppose might have happened to those photo props after the picture was taken??? (hint: I probably would have made them when there were no other adults in the house . . . !). But I didn't.
My brother and I went to a funeral this morning. A good friend of our parents (her husband was a West Point classmate of our Dad's) had her service at Arlington Cemetery. She had a wonderful, full life and was a loving, vibrant person and was 89 when she died. It's sad, though, when someone lives so long that they outlive their generation.
I was able to wear a favorite, Ann Taylor LBD that hasn't fit me for a while. I paired it with a linen jacket, formerly size 14, that someone thoughtlessly ran through the washer and dryer with all his gym clothes. (hint: his initials are DH and he's forbidden to ever do laundry again chez-nous, and I'm not telling him that it fits me even better now that I'm much smaller than I was.) Wearing that dress helped me stay away from the carb-heavy buffet at the reception. I talked with people and had a very nice stemmed glass of ice water.
My friend Patrick, Responsibility 199, presented me with this in his post yesterday! Thanks, Patrick!
Only two rules for this one:
1. Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience in 5 words:Hopeful, Inspired, Community, Available, Amazing
2. Pass it on to 10 other Amazing blogs: Check out these amazing bloggers and their amazing blogs!
Arlene Adventures in Weight Loss, Cooking, and Life
Julia Jewlia/Goulia
Diet buddy Daily - From Frumpy to Fabulous
Tonyne The Unlikely Success Story - My Journey to Health and Wellness
Mel Diet Naked
Sarah Low Stress Weight Loss
Tami Nutmeg Notebook
Jessica See How She Runs
Cammy The Tippy Toe Diet
Karen Waisting Time
Thanks for all your advice on the ant war. They are pretty much gone, now, my ant cocktail having done the trick.
Want to see a cutie pie? This is little J, with his kitty.





Oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh he is ADORABLE!!!!
ReplyDeleteKiller eyes, wow, you are one lucky grandma!
Thanks for the award!
Oh, thank you for the award!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, he is definitely a cutie! I'm completely captivated.
Nice job on all the weekend running. I am glad that your brother is here to stay for a bit.
ReplyDeleteLove the photo!! What a sweet pea! I would kill for those eyelashes.
Darn - I lost my comment. I hope it doesn't show up twice!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photo! And thanks for the award:) Such a cute button for this one too. I always wonder who starts these things.
Your eating and exercise sound great! I read this post and just thought how much I want to weave that stuff into my life like you have. You make it sound very easy.
What a sweet picture of little J!
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously - that is a lot of running this weekend. You rock!
Cute, cute picture! Congrats on the award. :-)
ReplyDeleteNice job with the workouts over the weekend! He sure is a cutie. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet baby!
ReplyDeleteMary @ A Simple Twist of Faith
What a wonderful weekend you had. I would love to see some of your recipes and food photos too!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the award, it is well deserved. You are an awesome writer and I love to read your posts.
Thank you for passing the award along to me! I am honored to receive it.
Wow, I am super impressed with your log of miles this past week end. Way to be inspirational to all of us wannabees! Beautiful grandbaby! Michele
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the mention! (What a cute photo that is!)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award! Your grandson is definitely a cutie.
ReplyDeleteI came over from Mel's blog to visit after reading your comment there. I've been reading her blogs for years. I'm a stay-at-home 50-something grandma, too...tho I'm full time, about 11 hours per day average. My grandsons are 2 and 4. I left behind a job, too, but I've never looked back. The grandboys are the absolute light of my life and one of the most precious gifts God has ever given me! I just pray I'm worthy of the task set before me. Enjoyed reading! Please stop by and get acquainted if you feel like it.
ReplyDeleteCool idea about the investment house. What will you do with it? A few years ago, we rented a carriage house apartment in Alexandria while in the area to get acquainted with a potential new staff member at our church. It was within a block of one of the bike paths (sorry can't remember the name of it) and we were able to ride all the way into DC or by going the opposite direction to Mount Vernon. We had a BALL! Can't find that carriage house anymore on the rental site we use. It must no longer be available as a vacation rental.
ReplyDeleteLittle J's mama is gonna have to keep him under lock and key in a few years when the giggling teenage girls "find" him.
Ahhh I love J and his orange kitty! Kitty looks relaxed...haha.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to spend time with your brother and dad, and squeezed some exercise in there. You're really rocking it, Tish!
What a cutie pie!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award :) It made my day :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome picture! And that award looks great on you! Love your 5 words too :-)
ReplyDelete