Monday, August 30, 2010

There Were Bells in the Air . . .

Two points if you can name the movie  (or hum the tune).

I ran this morning, as planned.  It was hot, but not terribly humid.  A slow four miles.  I'm happy with four miles, though, my goal is to run 3-4 times per week running 4-5 miles each time.  I'm doing that and more these days.  I don't have a race in view and may not do one.  I've done a few in the past couple of years, but I really prefer running by myself and the pressure of not having to train for a particular day.  My little Nike+ gal  in the upper right sidebar of my blog is getting close to 1000 miles.  That's since Oct 2008.  I'll probably reach it by mid-September.

I was going to do kettle bells while the babies napped today, but young Master J decided that he didn't  wanna take no stinking nap and so, when I finally gave in and rescued him from his crib, we played and read instead.  It was fun.  And I'm not saying whether or not deferring the kettle bell session had anything to do with my caving to a 13 month old's wishes.

I finally got to it after dinner.  It was a little easier this time.  At least I got the moves down better.  BTW I wasn't sore at all today, so my muscles had time to recover from the last session.  The too-tricky Turkish Get Up (?) is still beyond my pay grade.  I just watched from my place on the floor while they did the impossible move from flat on the back to standing without benefit of hands or elbows.  They showed off and did the move several times in quick succession.  Maybe some day.

Bells in the air?  Oh, I missed one of the transfers and sent the five pound purple plastic coated bell flying across my sitting room.  Fortunately it found a soft landing on the sofa.  I'd hate to have taken out the TV screen.  Poor Kelsie would have thought I was unhappy with her harranguing  teaching.  Only eight more sessions until my guaranteed visible results!

Our weather has gotten a little hotter this week.  Not terrible humidity, but definitely hot.  It makes it easier to remember to drink all my water.  Speaking of weather.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that the hurricanes in the Atlantic don't hit the DelMarVa coast this weekend and rain out our bike excursion weekend.  Our reservations are non-refundable, so if we end up in the path of the hurricane, we may just go and enjoy the bad weather with books, umbrellas, and walks along the shore.  I'd rather ride though.  Our bikes are at the "bike spa" now getting all fancied up for their weekend.

There were bells in the air, but I never heard them ringing, no I never heard them at all, 'til there was you . . . .    from the Music Man.  This was one of the first "popular" songs I learned to play on the piano.

WI is day after tomorrow.  Why is it that I'm so much more tempted to snack on inappropriate things right before my WI?  I'm fighting it, though.  I want to knock off some serious sticks o' butter this week!

11 comments:

  1. That is too funny. I am very glad it didn't take out your TV screen. If you watch Allison, doing the beginning Turkish Get up she *does* use her hands to get herself up at least once or twice. Have fun on your ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted about Earl this morning too! I hope your weekend doesn't get rained out! hopefully it'll head on out to sea!

    Way to go on 4 miles this morning! You are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have friends at Hilton Head right now and I'd already thought of my BlogWorld friends who might be in the path of the storms. We'll keep our fingers crossed cause I've sure been looking forward to some pics and trip reports from the Eastern Shore.

    Our high temp Saturday is predicted to only be 80. I've been patient through a miserable summer and now can't decide if I want to hike or bike. Stay tuned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog Tish and congratulations on your progress. You're not the only one who had those problems with the clipped in pedals. I had a few falls when I graduated to them a few years back, and had another one just recently when my riding partner stopped unexpectedly and I was so intent on just stopping in time I forgot to unclip (they do say us men can't think about two things at once)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll cross my fingers for you! On our ride yesterday I was telling my husband about yours coming up and your new clipped in riding:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the musical The Music Man many times, but didn't realize that was from it. I hope you don't get rained out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the kettlebell missed the tv. We take our kettlebells outside for that very reason! LOL Of course my hubby uses the (almost) heaviest one out there. I stick with a 12 or 16 (kg...I think??).
    Fingers crossed for some serious sticks o' buttah lost!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I'm laughing about that flying kettle bell! That is so something I would do. Be careful! I love the Music Man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would have been terrible if the kettlebell hit the television. Reminds me of when they first came out with the Wii remotes and kids were throwing them into the tv by accident. Hence the wrist strap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beware the flying kettlebells! LOL My grip loosened on a dumbbell swing one day and I was afraid I was going to let it fly. That would have been embarrassing, since I was about 4 feet from a plate glass wall. :)

    I'll keep my fingers crossed on the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I practically have all the music from the Music Man memorized! We listened to the soundtrack before we saw the movie when we were little kids.

    "Only eight more sessions until my guaranteed visible results!" I always love it when a blogger makes me laugh after work!

    ReplyDelete