![]() |
| Frustrating Plateau--5 weeks at 179 Official WI's at WW |
![]() |
| Daily Morning Weights as seen on Physics.Com Tish 179.0 |
Things I'm learning along the road to becoming the woman God made me to be.
![]() |
| Frustrating Plateau--5 weeks at 179 Official WI's at WW |
![]() |
| Daily Morning Weights as seen on Physics.Com Tish 179.0 |
Don't be discouraged there's still plenty of green on that chart!
ReplyDeleteIf it makes you feel any better, my 2 1/2 pound loss was just a teaser. I gained it back the next morning and right now don't see any way that I'll show a loss for this month. I'll be very fortunate if I don't have a gain! Yes, it's discouraging!
ReplyDeleteTish,
ReplyDeleteI am absolutely shocked. I can't believe that you had a gain after all the working out you did with Sharon (I'm shocked by her rebound too!) Maybe this is muscle growth. You did a lot of biking. Hang in there. You're on the right path, and the results will follow. I know that is easy for me to say, and hard to hear, but I believe it to be the truth.
Lori
I still hear the smile in your voice and the optimism:) So glad you will not let this discourage you. Onward and downward!
ReplyDeleteMy scale has been standing still for months! I journal my calories and workout regularly. I know if I just keep at it the scale will move again.
ReplyDeleteUnless there is a huge drop between now and the New Year, my yearly loss will be what some people mark as a monthly loss, but that is okay. I am making progress in other ares like my running. And you are a Bike SuperStar these days! We just have to keep being consistent :) The work will pay off for us!
Hahahaha. Wow. I'm just... apparently not smart enough for blogging today. I read your title and saw the picture and was like, Oh! Plateau Wisconsin! That looks like a pretty place! Tish must be traveling again! Oye. Anyhoo, I got atuch at 189 and it took me motnhs to budge... but I kept doing what I was doing and eventually the scale gives. You have been doing a LOT of exercising... perhaps you're not eating enugh to compensate?
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Plateau happens to everyone and nearer goal it happens more. Feel glad you are so near to your goal! Sometimes I tell patients to change up what they are doing. Like, cutting down carbs or change in the amount of fat. Doubling your veggies. And change up the exercise. You haven't been able to run lately. The scale will move soon, you'll see.
ReplyDeleteLOL, I too first though of Plateau Wisconsin, is there such a place? Can I hunt deer there?? Oh, my mind at times.
ReplyDeleteDr. F2F just said what I was to offer you, "Sometimes I tell patients to change up what they are doing." Ok, I don't tell any patients that, when I play doctor it... well, let me not go there. For the next few days or week or so - change it up. Tweak the diet, do differnt exercises, do them in different places... I cant say why it is effective at plateau busting, but it seems to do so.
I'm sorry that you're feeling discouraged. I know that it can be frustrating! I hope you have a better day tomorrow. :-)
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling well! I had to stop daily weighing b/c I apparently gain weight like the dickens overnight for no discernible reason. Then it's gone a few days later, then it's back, or part of it, and it's so up and down I finally just decided to take a break from it!
ReplyDeleteJust think of it as practicing maintenance, Tish. You're eating enough, aren't you? That's the only thing I would be worried about with all the exercise you are doing. Sometimes when you get down to the lower end of things, W.W.seems like they calorie restrict a little too much. I don't think it was ever a problem for me, b/c I was never that hungry. I don't hear you talking about being terribly hungry. Guess I'm just thinking out loud for you...
ReplyDeleteYou might try tricking your metabolism a bit by keeping your weekly calorie average, but eating more for a couple days, then less for two. So 1600 for two days, then 1200 for two days, averaging 1400. Also I heard on the radio a couple days ago that there is a strong correlation between vitamin D and weight(one reason besides candy, cookies and turkey we tend to gain in the winter) -- they are thinking the current RDA of 400IU might be too low by a factor of 2 or 3, or possibly 10. You might check it out!
ReplyDeleteGirlfriend, your muscles are holding onto water. Anytime you make a huge increase in excersice, it will do that. The scale will be your friend again soon, I promise! You don't need to do anything different. Just stay away from the Halloween goodies this weekend. xoxo
ReplyDeleteA plateau can be discouraging, and it's OKAY to feel discouraged. I like that you're acknowledging that...and then continuing on the right path. The scale will catch up when it has a mind to. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful plateau there! The one going on in your body will shift - maybe change up your food plan a bit - like increase protein, add more water...whatever. I think you're doing great - you've lost many pounds, and your body will get back into releasing more soon. Oh, maybe changing up exercise helps, though I know you have been working your ass off! Hang in - as I know you will.
ReplyDeleteAs I have told many people, it's never straight down. And usually they start losing again after I write that! ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou have already received many comments, but I will add one more. I, too, was stuck for almost 4 weeks at 19 pounds off. Well, FINALLY, I broke and entered the 20 pound mark. Patience. Patience. Patience.
ReplyDeleteI guess it doesn't help much to know that on your way up the scales you had weeks where you didn't gain, or even lost a few here and there. Don't fret! I have to think that because it happens to everybody, it must be God's design for our bodies that we hit a plateau...it must be good for us.
ReplyDelete(yeah, you can smack me for saying that.)
PS: I just wish I could stay on track long enough to hit a plateau!!